Making glass buttons

BuzzKill

I'm trying to upload it but I can't: The extension pdn is not allowed.

Zip the file and upload the zip.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Hi I need help on this part. I'm stock here!! I did exactly what it wrote but the color did'nt change a bit. :cry:

Can someone help me out by giving more detail instructions??

Thanks

Pick the the Magic Wand tool (s) and select the bottom half of the layer (below the line). I used a tolerance level of 69. Once that is selected, hold the Ctrl key down and now select the line itself. While you have this portion selected, switch to the layer below this one (the one with the white gradient). With that layer selected, cut out the selection (ctrl+x). Uncheck the layer with the line so you can no longer see it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello guys,

I found Paint.Net recently and downloaded the V3.10

It is a lot better than Paint, but a little difficult to adjust to the editing options.

I liked your tutorial, and I finally made my first button with a glassy look.

The script (.dll) code lab file for the second button didn't work. Can anyone help me? I downloaded it and placed it in the effects folder. I ran it but it says error, and none of the options you described worked.

But anyways I still have at least one way of making a button glassy.

I tried to replicate a few of the "web 2.0" buttons, so once learnt I can make a few myself. The blue button and the butterfly with the single white light are mine, but the others are the end result of other people's successful buttons.

Can anyone give me a tutorial on making other buttons?

I tried my best on the first two.

Thanks.

10792_6a520ee22f7af86211ff394ae12cc9ee

10792_ecdce2349f9643a7137ed4c0834f48c6

10792_d127c8fce8ffc8558afa110e33f96227

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ive found a really easy way to make glass buttons*only 2 steps* but they have to be a circle. i prefer buzzkills but they are too time consuming for me. i used these small simple ones in my skinning competition entry*skinning the pdn forums**link is !here! if you want the easy way just pm and ill make a tut. it doesnt work for big things like buzzkills do mine only work when there small. the image is below

glasscircle.jpg

section8.png

psn id: R3V-fiR3

for balls i think this glass method is better(for glass balls)

but this need in anialiasing and some correction,i was doing it fast for showing here,about another glass balls method

http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/mister-drill/view/32538/

That is just an orb. There is even a plugin which automatically make you an orb, but did you make that orb?

omExTE6.png

i make this manuallywithout plugins

yes this is orb,not ball

or it only round button,that often uses in web(glass round button)(or glass orb)

You know,my english is not good,but,i think you understand what i want to tell and about another glass method

this is awsome... this is my attempt :)glassbutton.jpg yea i know i didnt do anything to it *eg change colours do anything off tut etc* i folowed it and im gonna try and make a new sig and try to include the glass bit. or maybe i could just make a little banner for the bottom and include that :) well anyway its an awsome tut

section8.png

psn id: R3V-fiR3