Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheTh0mas

Color and Black and White - The Pleasantville Effect

289 posts in this topic

O.k. You have an active selection from the last step, copy that (Edit>Copy or Ctrl-c).

Then, add a new layer ( :AddNewLayer: , Layers>New Layer or Ctrl-Shift-n).

Rename the layer 'colors' (double click on the layer in the layers dialog, :Properties: or f4. Then rename in the text field.)

Paste. (Edit>Paste or Ctrl-v)

Step five is done.

Now that your question is answered, will you kindly remove the text in your profile?

i thought i made a pretty sweet pic for a first timer but i donno how to post it, if u know, please post for me. Thanx.

@CoutnOlaf: nice job on the car! and i like your username :) :) im an unfortunate events fan as well. :):)

here are some pictures that i did the pleasantville effect on. they are from when my church went to alaska, the blonde boy is barry and the guy sitting down is mark. the other people are from AK youth groups.

poshakgray.jpg

barryblackandwhite.jpg

barrychickenblack.jpg

when you select the flower with magic wand you can just hit Ctrl+I and then hit black n white instead of having to create new layers

here are some pictures that i did the pleasantville effect on. they are from when my church went to alaska, the blonde boy is barry and the guy sitting down is mark. the other people are from AK youth groups.

barrychickenblack.jpg

oh man, that's sooooooooo cool!

I used white line/curve to outline the object I wanted colored. I tried to feather it but made little effect, even if I did it more than 5x. Suggestions?

Where do I find this feathering tool/effect everyone keeps talkin' about?????

You can edit your posts so you don't have to make 2 post.

And search is your friend...or Just look in plugin section....close to top...Sticky...

It might be interesting to make the background not black and whie, but just tune down the luminosity, and turn up brightness and contrast as well as saturation on the interesting parts of the picture.

This is a very cool effect! Here's my result- I had to cut out the image first, but I think it turned out good....

5142_ba1612a144cad260f4732389a158cd80

Very nice! :D Something we newbies can easily follow.

Add a semitransparent colored layer in between before you flatten for a solid colored background. I think this picture was actually turned sepia instead of B&W and then had a green layer put in between. But then again I was never skilled in following instructions. :wink:

butterflyeditgc9.gif