Real Car -> Toy Car conversion.

• 4 weeks later...

This is a great tut, very cool. I tried it according to a few different people's suggestions.

Lotus Elise

Before

elise05.jpg

After

LotusElise.png

Hummer

Before

hummer-side-640.jpg

After

hummer.png

I also tried it with an animal, like someone did with a monkey. The edges might be a little weird, but that's because I screwed up using the magic wand and didn't feel like going back and correcting it.

kangaroo.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! im one of the new ones. First post here and thanks for the great tutorial :)

My try

MitsubishiEclipseToycarPurple.jpg

I used Hue/Saturation to get the nice color. Original picture can be seen here

Comment to the author of the tut, cjmcguinness. At the end of the tutorial, where im going to move all the pieces back together, you havent explained a way to do that :S I spent som time finding out how to do it. If you could explain how to move the pieces together, i would be most thankful and claim this tutorial to be perfect :D

Edit: Also did this one

LamborghiniReventonToycar.jpg

Its the 2008 Lamborghini Reventon. The original picture can be seen here

Edit: All good things are three

LadaNivaToycar.jpg

Its a Lada Niva. :P original picture here

SZRsigrayjpg.jpg

SZR StarZtorm*Redstar

Hi! im one of the new ones. First post here and thanks for the great tutorial :)

My try

th_MitsubishiEclipseToycarPurple.jpg

Comment to the author of the tut, cjmcguinness. At the end of the tutorial, where im going to move all the pieces back together, you havent explained a way to do that :S I spent som time finding out how to do it. If you could explain how to move the pieces together, i would be most thankful and claim this tutorial to be perfect :D

Edit: Also did this one

th_LamborghiniReventonToycar.jpg

Edit: All good things are three

th_LadaNivaToycar.jpg

I didn't include specific instructions for moving each of the separate parts back together in the original tutorial, as I assumed it would be something that could be figured out reasonably easily - just using the rectangle select tool to highlight the pieces, then dragging them back together.

However, there's been a new plugin developed recently that makes the final process very quick and simple - Madjik's Gravity plugin. Simply run this plugin on the entire canvas and select the direction as 'Left' or 'Right', and the picture will be put back together. You can then highlight the transparent area with the Magic Wand tool, press CTRL+I to invert and the press CTRL+SHIFT+X to crop.

I think I'll update the original tutorial with these final instructions, to make it (as you say) perfect.

-CJ

PKRM.png

PKRG.pngPKRT.pngPKRD.pngPKRP.png

Thanks!

I didn't include specific instructions for moving each of the separate parts back together in the original tutorial, as I assumed it would be something that could be figured out reasonably easily - just using the rectangle select tool to highlight the pieces, then dragging them back together.

Thats what i did :) at the start i didnt even know that i could drag highlighted pieces around, found out by accident :S

However, there's been a new plugin developed recently that makes the final process very quick and simple - Madjik's Gravity plugin. Simply run this plugin on the entire canvas and select the direction as 'Left' or 'Right', and the picture will be put back together. You can then highlight the transparent area with the Magic Wand tool, press CTRL+I to invert and the press CTRL+SHIFT+X to crop.

Perfection achieved.

SZRsigrayjpg.jpg

SZR StarZtorm*Redstar

• 2 weeks later...

In the end, while the result is not done from this tutorial, the inspiration and trial and error in experimenting was. I learned some good things from your tut, and, like a boob, tried to do it with a 3/4 shot of a car. I wound up just scrunching it with layer manipulation and rotate-zoom.

The "toonerize" was new to me and I appreciate your mentioning it in the tut.

This is what I started with. It comes from a free car desktop background site, they have man different res's of most of their pics and you all might want to check it out:

http://www.seriouswheels.com/

2008-Ford-Shelby-GT-Convertible-Fro.jpg

and this is what I made from it:

08ShelbyToon.png

Thanks for a great tut that I am sure I will use in the future. I think it'd be great for doing a car carrier full of these little tune cars. :D

Great tutorial. I'm just starting with the whole image editing... this is very cool, also very time consuming.

I went ahead and did my car and my bro's cobra with him in it. I'm sure everyone will enjoy the pic.

13761_f316d293a8d698c5780924a18cd646de