Helen's Graphics (UPDATE--NEW images!!')

HELEN

• 1 month later...

You did excellent on these.I can tell you definitley have a taste in art.You are really good.I especially love the first pic of the ball with the stars-or was it hearts?-anyway,I really like that one. :rainbow::PaintBrushTool:B)

Edited by Ragdoll
  • Upvote 1

okay,I gotta admit i really love the butterfly.It is so sheik.Your gallery is one that my dad(RedBeard)recomended I look at,so I thought it MUST be good.My dad has a LOT of good art too,so you should check out his gallery.I'll be waiting for the next post!

Let me apologize first for not posting anything in A G E S. I've been looking for a full-time job, fixing my resume, etc.

I thought I'd take some time off and work on an image that I did for fun. I got the idea from an image I saw online. All right, and now for the comments. :)

@NN: Thank you so much. I thought hearts would be fitting for the month of February.

@BP: The glowy bits took a few tries to get them right. It takes more than one color to get them just how I want them to be. Thanks, by the way.

@Pixey: A true compliment. Thank you!

@Matt: :) It's so kind of you to say so!

@Ragdoll: It's a ball with a hearts texture. Thanks for all the compliments. And RedBeard is a great person. I'm glad you followed his footsteps by joining this forum. ;) Next post is updated.

@Shin. O. : Feel free to shake the snow globe. ;) "Grabby hands" made me smile. I like that expression. Only in art, of course. :)

Edited by HELEN

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Absolutely beautiful. Sparkly, with well-blended colors. It feels perfect.

'Civil disobedience is still disobedience.'

'↑ And that is how you confuse an atomic computer. ↑'

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

I love your pint.net pics.They are SO AWESOMELY AWESOME!I wish I knew how to do stuff like that.I have to learn though.I mean,practice makes pefect right?Anyway,you got some AWESOME pics here.I LOVE amiring your work.It's super cool.I SO can't wait 'till the next pics come in!

@Xzerizon: It took a while to get the blended colors. I firs went with all white, but then I realized it was a little bland and decided to go with cyan for some of the sparkles. Thanks.

@barbie: I think you just described what I like to create best--"sparkly and bubbly." The galaxy bit was created after I had a few unsuccessful attempts of making it. Thanks, by the way. :)

@Dryda: Thank you. Sometimes creating something subtle is okay, but yesterday I thought to myself, you know, let's make something eye-catching and sparkly. And that's what I did.

@Daniels: I think I mentioned on DA that I forgot what the "H" was for after I completed this project. Yeah, that's how forgetful I am for the past few weeks. And thanks for commenting about the texture below it--glass blocks always comes in handy.

@Drew: If you noticed, this type of blue is probably my favorite to work with in Paint.NET. I don't know. It just opens door to such opportunities to play with. Thanks.

@Red Ochre: Gee, thanks. I appreciate you commenting.

@Shin. O: The sparklies are so much fun to create. And yes, they do create a magical look to the image. Yesterday, I wanted as much sparklies as possible. And thank you for the encouraging words, yet once again. :)

@Ragdoll: You know, practice does make perfect. Five years ago, I don't think I'd be able to create something likes this. However, being persistent and practicing will give you that ability. Thank you. By the way, you encouraged me to create this image for some reason. ;)

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Helen,

Your pictures never cease to amaze me.  You truly are the queen of glossy objects.  

I have to say, my favorite of your newer works is the Christmas ornament.  Masterfully done!  The way the wisps suggest the form of a Christmas tree inside the ornament is a stroke of genius.  

H is a close second.  I really dig the effects on that one.  

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Welsh: Thank you. I wanted to keep the circles unblurred, but it looked too 'strict' for a fun image, so I blurred the ones in the back of the unblurred one to give it a magical look. This was actually a font I used. I think it's called 'Chlorinap.'

@RedBeard: Thank you for your lovely comments. I indeed like to create glossy things. :)

@dug: It took me a while to find the font that I wanted and I loaded some that I liked. Then, I tested each of them out until I found "the one." I appreciate your kind words. 

@Lloyd: Your comment sort of gave me a boost of inspiration that I needed to create an image. Thank you. :)

@JulioCoolio: I do have a tutorial, but by the looks of your sig and avvie, you have the hang of it already. It's the same concept just more highlights. Thank you so much!

**A new image that I created yesterday and took so long to post. Thanks to barbie for giving me a heads up on how to do it.**

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA