Goonfella`s Gallery - New Frontiers 28.02.16

Goonfella

It took me long enough! Started from scratch four times because I wasn`t satisfied with the result. This is number 5. Only small things as well that I would have ignored at one time.

Thought I would change my sig as well. This one jumps out at you more ( I hope!)

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

My effort at the jelly button. I added a radial gradient at the end to brighten things up a bit. I think it has certainly brightened the chrome ring around the outside. I tried putting different images in the centre but none really worked so I settled on some simple text.

I was thinking of making it smaller and using it for my av.

PDNJelly.png

I had a go at another sig. Admittedly its just from another sig tut so only the text is mine but I really like this one. Not sure whether to use it though as I would prefer to use something I made myself.While I enjoy doing the tuts I feel it is ``cheating' to use someone else`s idea for my sigs/avs. For example I could not really submit this in the rate sig thread as its Barkbark`s idea.

Barksig.png

I`ve just been working on this new spacescape. I think its still lacking that certain something, but I`m stuck.I`ve tried including a Sun but without much success. It needs something more than that but I`ve come to a dead end. Brain fade I`m afraid. Any ideas?

th_PlanetScene.jpg

My effort at the jelly button. I added a radial gradient at the end to brighten things up a bit. I think it has certainly brightened the chrome ring around the outside. I tried putting different images in the centre but none really worked so I settled on some simple text.

I was thinking of making it smaller and using it for my av.

PDNJelly.png

Goonfella: Could you help me. How did you use the radial gradient to make that chrome ring? I've been playing with it but can't get it to look like yours.

Peter - for the jelly button I followed the tut as normal then at the end I flattened the image, added a new layer, used radial gradient with the default black/white colours then inverted the colours and moved it down underneath the finished button. I think I then went back to the button which was now the top layer and played with the blending.

I have to say I did not expect the chrome ring to turn out the way it did. The idea was to brighten up the button in the middle - the ring was a nice bonus. I have not tried to re-create the effect again yet, I`ll have to give it another go and see what happens.

Helen - thanks for the ideas . I`ve never done a comet before, I might give it a go. I was also thinking of adding a spaceship/station orbiting the planet. Don`t know which one though. I`ll try a few out.

Glad you like the new sig.

Peter - for the jelly button I followed the tut as normal then at the end I flattened the image, added a new layer, used radial gradient with the default black/white colours then inverted the colours and moved it down underneath the finished button. I think I then went back to the button which was now the top layer and played with the blending.

I have to say I did not expect the chrome ring to turn out the way it did. The idea was to brighten up the button in the middle - the ring was a nice bonus. I have not tried to re-create the effect again yet, I`ll have to give it another go and see what happens.

Helen - thanks for the ideas . I`ve never done a comet before, I might give it a go. I was also thinking of adding a spaceship/station orbiting the planet. Don`t know which one though. I`ll try a few out.

Glad you like the new sig.

Thanks Goonfella: I'm going to play with it today......

I`ve been playing around with the last spacescape and thought I would try adding a spaceship, admittedly not drawn in PDN!(I wish I could draw like that) Also in the distance is a ringed planet which was made by me. Not sure what the final picture should look like - ship or no ship?

The ringed planet is probably going to stay though. I`ve still got the picture saved as a PDN file so I can still chop and change it if I wan`t to. Maybe the ship would be better shown in the distance as well. I was trying for that effect where you see it sweeping around the planet and on to space.

th_Spaceshipscene.jpg