Goonfella`s Gallery - New Frontiers 28.02.16

Goonfella

Thought I would have a play around with my old clouds tut to see what I could manage. At first it was just going to be a bit of a doodle, nothing much else. But as seems to be always the case I end up getting serious and turn it into a proper image. Everything is PDN apart from the moon and the nebula .

th_AbovetheClouds.jpg

Edited by Goonfella
  • Upvote 1

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

This one is so dreamy Goonie! I love the way you did the title bar too - very fitting. I knew this was gonna be good :D Very nice bit of eye candy early in the morning :D Well done!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

About Transit of Mars

Amazing image based of the tutorial. The colours and flares of the sun look phenomenal and I really like the transit idea :D

About Above the Clouds

Very nice image. This time the clouds are my favourite (idk if they are photo or you made them). The moon's texture is excellent also. The only possible thing I can think of with this one is higher-contrast on the moon because if you look at this image you can see the Earth's  shadow contrast from the moon :P Other than that, great as always.

P.S. To find that image, I searched in "moon from space earth". I've now realised google makes me feel like a 5 year old putting random space words.

Thanks Dryda. Glad you liked the Transit idea. Great tut you`ve got there.

With Above the Clouds I am glad you liked the clouds so much because they are made by me using my own cloud tutorial here that I posted some time ago. I have not made any clouds for a while so had a go just out of interest.

As far as the contrast on the moon is concerned , my view is through an atmosphere similar to this image -

MoonfromEarth.jpg

whereas the one you posted is from space so pictures are not affected - like the stars twinkling on Earth but not in space . Oh by the way to save you the challenge of finding out which image it is ( :D ) it was taken from the Space Shuttle Columbia in 2003. I had a hell of a time finding mine as well. And Google is supposed to be the best search engine? I have my doubts.

Thanks for the comment Dryda , you always seem to make me search the net for something when you do! :lol:

(for some reason I can`t get a link working like yours, even though I paste the right one it ends up taking me to this forum!???)

• Upvote 1

Skullbonz,Helen,NN- thanks very much. I do hope you mean the image on P1 and not the one above though. The one above these posts is a photo I used as an example, not my own work. Wouldn,t mind being able to make something like that though!

• Upvote 1

Woah!  Above the Clouds (1st page ;) ) is very, very calming, soothing, serene and beautiful.  So seamless it looks just like a photo.  Well done :)

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Thanks Pixey. A photo eh? High praise indeed! ;)

New one posted

th_PorscheCayman.jpg th_PorscheCaymanTwo.jpg

I `ve called it Porsche Cayman for obvious reasons. With this one I traced over a photo to get the right shape but the rest is just a lot of trial & plenty of error. I  used a PS tut (this one - http://alfoart.com/porsche_1.html ) as a rough guide to the highlights/shadows but I had to work out my own way of adding them using  PDN .

The alloy wheels and the Porsche logo`s are the only stocks used. I tried making the wheels myself but failed miserably. I think it looks better with the real thing anyway.

Edited by Goonfella
  • Upvote 1

Goon, that's fantastic! I sometimes trace over images to get the correct shape if I don't want to go through all the trouble sketching it. It's stunning! The details--highlights, shadows, wheels, wow!

Funny thing that I'm painting a car with acrylic paints. I had so much trouble (maybe it was no confidence in myself) starting it and everything. Now, so far, it's sort of coming along. 

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Thanks Helen. Best of luck with your car , I`m sure it will be wonderful. ;)

Taken your advice Skullbonz and added a bit more transparency to the windscreen.Thanks for that. Also I adjusted the shadow a bit and added another colour. I can`t make up my mind which is best so I posted them side by side. :)

Very nice Porche, Goonie! The way you did the headlights really gets me. There must be like a million layers to get that. :D Really professional layout too. Good on you.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Seerose , thanks . Do you have a Porsche then? Seeing as you posted a nice Porsche badge. :)

Sozo - I know  suns are  trickier to get right than it seems. But with the help of Dryda`s Solar Atmosphere tut  it makes it a lot easier. ;)

Bbq - Glad you picked up on the headlights, they are my fave part of the image. Took plenty of trial and error  but I got there eventually. And yes there were afew layers involved but thankfully not a million! :D

• 1 month later...

Above the clouds is awesome.Also,I had the same exact idea for Mercury transit.Been sitting in my pdn folder for months unfinsished.Guess I'll do something else with the sun I made.