Monthly Skinning Competition #13 - Stephan is Victorious!

Who do YOU think should win?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who do YOU think should win?

• Stephan
    • Kemaru
    • St.Jim
    • LFC4EVER
    • LJXD
    • Diabolicus

The Mobile phenomenon.

Voting has now opened; I apologize for the delay. One week to vote!

---

Mobile devices. Phones, computers, MP3 players. Once a curiosity; now commonplace. Who doesn't have an iPod... or at least a cell phone?

With the emergence of hand-held computers and 'smart' phones, many of these machines run their own OS (Operating System (Wiki this)). This is your challenge - create a Mobile OS.

An expanded explanation...

Well, you must create an OS for either a phone, or an MP3 player. You may present your OS in or out of a device; only what the screen would display, or as you would see it in your hand - with physical attributes. If you choose to include the device, you may use an existing product, or create your own. This round is pretty flexible.

Rules:

• [*:13t6njkt]You must have a link to all source images used in your submission. If you fail to by the end of submission time, your creation will be disqualified.
    [*:13t6njkt]Unless your screenshots are small, please post extra screenshots after your first as clickable thumbnails (
read about how to do this).
[*:13t6njkt]Once you have submitted your entry, you may no longer add anything/edit your post, excepting links to source images.
[*:13t6njkt]This post is for submissions only. If you would like to talk about the competition or a submission, do it here.
[*:13t6njkt]Be courteous and kind.
[*:13t6njkt]Have fun!

All entries must be in by 11:59pm (EST), Wednesday, September 24th.

Create away!

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

• 2 weeks later...

Well, i guess i shall be the first to enter. I've gone for a black/teal colour scheme. Everything was done in PDN by me, except the folder icons (came without the stuff added on them - see stock link for clarification).

Well, this is it:

presentation.png

Stock:

Folder's

The shown image is also a link to an approximate life-size image of the OS in a Sony Ericsson C902 (made in PDN by me).

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

I got around to finally posting these.

Here's a design of what the phone looks really, blueprints... kinda :|

It's just to give you people idea of what my phone looks like.

I don't have a scanner, so I'm really sorry for the poor quality.

Mobile_Phone_Designs_by_Kemaru.jpg

1. It says here: It doesn't go up this musch.

2. Screen

3. The USB/Charger jack is nest to the headphone jack.

4. The arrow indicates where the camera is. (5MP)

5. By sliding the phone screen up, you'll get the basic 12 buttons. 1-9 are basic number/alphabetic stuff, pressing the star and the left screen button locks the phone, though it can also be done by simply sliding the screen back down.

When writing SMS messages, the # button changes font size. Keeping it pushed will enable speed-writing.

0 button leaves a space when writing an SMS, and keeping 0 pushed in standby will mute (or... unmute?) the speakers.

6. The real-life size of the touch screen is about 2,75 inches :Vertical: and 1,9 inches :Horiz:

7. Displays the two "screen buttons", ''Yes'' and ''Previous''. They are the two buttons located right below the screen.

8. This phone slides in two directions, up and down. Sliding up brings the 12 buttons as mentioned above, but sliding down brings the music buttons. You should recognize these, but I'll name them anyway; Play, Pause, Stop, Forward, Rewind, Fast Forward, Back.

9. The pen used with the touch screen.

That's about it, any questions will be answered.

-----------

So, this is the standby screen:

My_Mobile_OS____Standby____by_Kemaru.png

Okay, when you open your phone for the first time, the phone asks for your name. The phone then shows the first letter of your name, in this case, A (as in Anonymous). After you type your name, you get to choose a main color the phone will use. The color chosen here is purple, as you can see. The date and time are in the upper-right corner, next to the Menu button. The Quick Launch buttons chosen manually in the Info & Options submenu are the four buttons below.

This is the Menu Screen:

Mobile_OS___Menu_Screen____by_Kemaru.png

I really don't feel like explaining all the buttons, so if you want to know more about them, go -->here<--

Music Player:

Mobile_Player___Music_Player___by_Kemaru.png

The second row buttons are Equalizer and Loop.

Video Player Screens:

Normal:

____MOBILE_OS_____Video_Player_by_Kemaru.png

Full Screen:

Video_Player_Full_Screen_by_Kemaru.png

That's not pretty special, I know :P

Full Screen and command buttons:

Video_Player_Command_buttons_by_Kemaru.png

No need to explain anything, I hope.

Folder Management; Photos:

Image_menu_by_Kemaru.png

You select the photos by clicking on the photo.

That's all, hope you liked it.

Links to images used:

http://www.iconarchive.com/show/blankon ... -icon.html

The battery.

http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/

Every icon except the menu icon.

http://www.krradio.com/albums/az_6327_E ... Manson.jpg

The Marilyn Manson's "Eat Me, Drink Me" Cover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Led2aa53 ... re=related

The snapshots of Desperate housewives season 4 Promo.

http://www.dafont.com/old-london.font

The link to the Old London Font.

The Flowers are © Me.

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

Okay, so here is my entry. Let;s overview the lot first.

adrx3.png

And here are the full detail shots.

j80dpw.png

Empty Screen

35314rn.png

Addresses

30mspit.png

Number dialing

35jz9e1.png

Menu.

Details:

Windhoos is Dutch for a huge amount of wind all in one time coming towards you. The weather kind of wind. Not the one you are thinking about.

All the names in the addressbook are related to Winnie the Pooh, but in Dutch. For example, Christopher Robinson = Janneman Robinson.

Only one stock, used for the overview/ad:

http://www.photokina-show.com/0508/htc/cameraphone/htc-touch-smartphone-review/

X-NET Blog

Smooth Systems Comes out with a surprising new Handheld computer with state of the art OS

Heading2.png

Xavier Riam reporting:

Long time competitor of Microsoft, Smooth Systems has come a long way since 1995 when they released their first PC with built in OS. Now they have come out with handheld computing device with a scaled down version of their widely popular, Xo-vision operating system. The new handheld, touch screen device, entitled “DAMAGE”, is likely to impress when it is released to stores a week before Christmas. But luckily, the team at X-NET have managed to get a limited edition prototype from the company and give it a test drive.

Whether you’re a complete computer boffin or a busy corporate employee, DAMAGE is for you. It is totally compatible with Xo-vision, Microsoft and Mac systems. 4 integrated USB ports for flash disks can port everything from program data, pictures, music, video and a wireless internet receiver. It has 2 mono audio outputs, and quite surprisingly a DisplayPort output. So you can link up your DAMAGE to a display monitor. On board it contains 2 GB of RAM with a Pentium 4 processor*. Nvidia has also custom created a Video card for the system. This device is capable of playing almost any game without any trouble, I recently ran Oblivion on here and it did a magnificent job.

Another groundbreaking feature is the new SpaseSavr™ touchpad keyboard that divides the English alphabet into two parts. A-L, and then switchable to M-Z through the Switch button. At first it proved a bit odd to use, but after a couple days I was writing up some of this review on a bus quite fast indeed.

Overall I give this 9.5 out of 10. Everything from the custom themes, to the fact that it felt just like a really tiny laptop that ran incredibly fast was just superb. I would recommend anyone with a spare $350 to go out and buy this wonderful product when its released.

Here's some pictures....WHEELY BIG

MSC_13_entry___DAMAGE___by_LJXD.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Just to clarify, any computer specs that seem unrealistic is probably because they are. I know a bit about computers but I'm 13 yrs old dont expect me to know what processors dont fit into where and what not.

Okay out of context now. This took me about 12 hours over about a 4 week period. Plus the half hour to write up the "FAKE" blog entry. Well done everyone else for creating such great designs.

Stocks:

Pdn logo, Blender logo.

A portion of Smooth Explorer icon from Expirations Icon Pack.

Vista sample picture

All other stocks where taken from still images of this video.

It's not much, but here's mine.

Home Page:

21e53qt.png

Menu Screen:

1192vcn.png

Stocks (the name of the image/icon is in the URL so I'm sure you can figure out which image goes with which stock. ;) )

-http://s3.gadgetreview.com.s3.amazonaws.com/iPhone_Signal_Strength.gif

--http://icons-search.com/img/vistaicons/quiet_icons_pack.zip/PNG-Hardware-BlueTooth.png-256x256.png

---http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh147/leo10123/animated_music_bars-2.gif

----http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/ev2/content/features/ipod/images/battery_icon.jpg

The last one (the menu icons) I dont remember the url that much, but I know that they were similar to this:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/15756717

• 3 weeks later...

Vote away!

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations, Stephan!