How to Install Plugins ×

Flag

Simon Brown

Hereby I fulfill a request:

flagpi8.png

To add something to heythere's description: This plugin needs a working internet connection and is unusable without it.

So, it may try to load the image from a URL, so why not let it load from disk. (Let us download a folder to put in the effects folder.)

I hate to think how long it would take to download roughly 200 flags of roughly 800 x 700 in PNG form at once, my prediction is that most people would give-up.

KaHuc.png

So, it may try to load the image from a URL, so why not let it load from disk. (Let us download a folder to put in the effects folder.)

I hate to think how long it would take to download roughly 200 flags of roughly 800 x 700 in PNG form at once, my prediction is that most people would give-up.

Then why is this a plugin? Couldn't you have simply linked to the place that you keep them uploaded and let us use that option instead?

signature.png

Why dont you make a second link with the flags (and a plugin for offline flags) so people can go the to local Internet cafe (if it allows downloading) or a friends house and then just take it home?

"Confusion is the welcome mat at the door of creativity." -Michaul Gelb

My Gallery Check it out!

????

One flag with dimension of 800x700 in png has about 300kb...200 flags would be about 7 mb?? I'm sure there's a folder with all 200 flags together... That's nothing... I rather think that you would get a problem with the copyright if you download and publish them...

????

One flag with dimension of 800x700 in png has about 300kb...200 flags would be about 7 mb?? I'm sure there's a folder with all 200 flags together... That's nothing... I rather think that you would get a problem with the copyright if you download and publish them...

Uhh...

?? 300x200/1024=58.59 ??

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

????

Uhh...

?? 300x200/1024=58.59 ??

...hmm where did I made my fault? xD

1 kb= 1024 byte >> 1 mb = 1024 kb... 300*200=60000kb /1000 =60...damn :D

It's already fewer than the average world of warcraft update...maybe someone should Zip them ;D

What about an approach like lazy evaluation, where a given flag is first searched at the repository; if it's found, it's loaded from there, if not, it gets downloaded, stored there an used in the same manner? This way each one is downloaded only once - when first used - and the whole download process is diluted... :wink:

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

~Dr. Seuss

I would have to go with Pantaleao. It would mean that if somebody doesnt ever use certain flag(s) then they never get downloaded. Therefore reducing the bandwidth that gets used (and bandwidth is not all that cheap here in South Africa, if anybody cares about us that is...)

My Gallery Check it out!

• 1 month later...

Firstly I would like to thank you for the plugin (used it for school :lol: )

Secondly I want to know if the flags that you use are stored are are they simply put into a temp folder until you close PDN or something like that. Because if it does not save the flag I might suggest that it does

My Gallery Check it out!