How to Install Plugins ×

BLP Converter Plugin

Evan Wallace

i have installed this Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable and i have done the blp in the filetype folder of paint.net and it still says that it doesnt recognize this format i cant open other blp files aswell with it.

any solutions? i am using vista

mby reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable ??? idk

• 3 years later...

Sorry for posting in this old thread, but it is probably the place people will find through a search so I thought posting here was not such a bad idea.

Since this original plugin only works on 32 bit windows I wrote an alternative Blp reader (so no saving) plugin. Note that it actually is just a tiny wrapper around the excellent SereniaBLPLib which does the actual BLP file reading. It is pure .NET code so no need to install the redistributables.

The latest plugin and code can be obtained from Github (and also attached for convenience):

https://github.com/mvdwetering/BlpFiletype/releases

BlpFileType.dll

Edited by Mitch
Fix typo

Thanks for the update Mitch :)

• 6 years later...

I just did a reset of my PC, and after downloading paint.net i can no longer open .blp files. The old plugin (from 2008) does not work. And i cannot install any old versions of paint.net.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

PS

I asked ChatGpt about it and this was part of the response:

"As of my last knowledge update in January 2022, Paint.NET doesn't natively support the BLP (Blizzard Texture) file format."

Edited by smeko