Repeated problem with colorwheel

CosmicTree

So over multiple times, including entirely clean installs of Operating Systems, and the use of different mice, once I click to select a color from the color wheel it auto-selects/follows the mouse pointer anytime my mouse enters the circle.  Not sure what the problem is or what I would do to fix it, any help is great.  Preliminary thanks.

I think what you're describing is the same as what happens in Flash player when right-clicking to open flash player options and pressing escape rather than clicking an option. Whatever variable might be used to track if the mouse is dragging or not is never turned off, so when your mouse is in the region, it acts like the mouse is held down. Correct me if this is not the same sort of behavior you're describing.

I can't seem to reproduce this in Paint.NET. Please list the current offending operating system and Paint.NET version so we narrow this down. Thanks.

I'm on Windows 7 and the Paint.NET version is 4.0.13, I'm also currently using a Razer Deathadder if that may also be helpful.  I think it's entirely possible that's what the issue can be, but I can't be too sure. 

Can confirm, was not checked, thanks though.  It's a really peculiar issue I must admit, but quite an annoying one since it's pretty much no color wheel allowed. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/13/2017 at 0:03 PM, CosmicTree said:

Any follow up or anything, still getting the issue with the recent update.

I was able to reproduce the error, but I had to abuse the fact that left and right clicks trigger the drag event.

Steps to Reproduce the Bug
Step 1. Click with the left or right mouse button inside the color wheel.

Step 2. Click with the other button inside the color wheel.

Step 3. Release the first button.

Step 4. Release the second button with the mouse not hovered over the color wheel.

Voila, the mouse now does exactly what you describe.

You can still use the color wheel even if it always exhibits this bug.

- To select a totally new color, hover your mouse over the desired color and press F8 to close the color wheel dialog. You now have your color.

- To select a similar color to what you have, you need the mouse to be on the little circle indicating the current color. You can hold Control to lock the hue and move the mouse to this spot.

You can stop this behavior if the color wheel only sometimes exhibits this bug.
- Switch to your secondary color if you're not using it, then click the color wheel.
- Draw the current color, click the color wheel, then use color picker to get your color back.

If the color wheel is still no good.

- Hue, Saturation, and Value selectors aren't too bad.

- You can use the color picker if the color already exists in your image.

- You can go all-out and take a screenshot of the color wheel, save and open it as a new image, then use the color picker on it.

You can hold Control to lock the hue and move the mouse to this spot.

You can actually use Ctrl, Alt, and Shift for various things. Scroll down to, "4. Color Wheel" : https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/ColorsWindow.html

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg