Text proportionate to Image

DrDibly

I was wondering if there was a way to make text proportionate to an image. I need to add captions below images and want the font to stay proportionate to the image, and look about the same for multiple images.

Thank you,

Paul

@toe_head2001 It was similar to before and how I want to make text proportionate to image. I have an example. What I'm trying to do is say I took the picture of the giraffe and made it x times bigger, what would the font size be to match it? My OCD doesn't let me randomly choose a font size that looks OK. I work with many different images, of different sizes and aspect ratios, and when it comes down to it, the font size should be relative to the picture. I feel like this is different from the last post but I'm still having the same problem. I've tried to find external programs but I couldn't find any to do the job. 

Thank you,

Paul.

test.png

I'd add a new layer with a contrasting rectangle in it the exact size of the original text. When the image is resized the rectangle will also resize, in proportion. Use the Text tool to fill the rectangle with replacement text (hint: type first then use the font size control to adjust the overall size). You can position the new text with the four way arrow icon.