What kind of font effect is this? |Suggestions/Help|

Fin

Hello all.

I have a certain font effect I like the look of, but I've been around all the plugins, looked at tutorials and there is nothing on how to make this.

Font effect I'm on about:

IMG_0929.jpg

If anyone can help that would be most kind.

Thanks.

Edited by Fin

That's a reflective text effect. You might take a look at the Clipwarp Shiny Text tutorial by barbieq25 and the Glossy Metallic Text tutorial by welshblue. Another way to do that is with my Texture Shader plugin, using one of the reflection modes on a height map produced by blurring white-on-black text. (When doing that kind of effect, it's almost always advisable to work at at least twice the final size then resize, since most methods are prone to ugly aliasing artifacts.)

(If no one provides more practical advice in a few days, I'll try to come up with a suggestion on how to achieve a similar effect.)

9 hours ago, MJW said:

That's a reflective text effect. You might take a look at the Clipwarp Shiny Text tutorial by barbieq25 and the Glossy Metallic Text tutorial by welshblue. Another way to do that is with my Texture Shader plugin, using one of the reflection modes on a height map produced by blurring white-on-black text. (When doing that kind of effect, it's almost always advisable to work at at least twice the final size then resize, since most methods are prone to ugly aliasing artifacts.)

(If no one provides more practical advice in a few days, I'll try to come up with a suggestion on how to achieve a similar effect.)

Alright, thank you.

Try this tutorial

I rediscovered it myself after @Seerose provided some new images.

28 minutes ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

I rediscovered it myself after @Seerose provided some new images.

The highlight color in the tutorial is wrong, though. Highlights on colored metal are (approximately) the color of the metal, not white. Using white highlights makes the result look like colored plastic rather than gold. That could be easily corrected by using a gradient color map that goes to a fully-saturated golden color instead of white. (Of course, in the case of the current thread, that doesn't matter, since the letters aren't colored much).