Is it possible to make a sharp, quality screenshot with PAINT ?

christiaano

When I make a screenshot from - for instance - a powerpoint slide and post this on my webpage the text and logo image comes out blurry. Is it possible to make a high-quality screen capture using PAINT, so when I post it on my webpage it comes out sharp ? P.S. 1st image is screenshot. 2nd image is how this screenshot looks on my webpage.

Thank you very much in advance for your comments, suggestions, idea's ...

Issue 022317 - quality screen capture -.PNG

Issue 022317 - quality screen capture - BLURRY.PNG

A sharp image becomes blurry, if you show it on your website bigger (upscaled) as the real size. Your second example IS bigger then the first sharp image. So this may be the reason (see demonstration in hidden content).

Spoiler

scaled.jpg

Other reasons:

If you save the sharp image as JPG and forget to adjust the quality option in the save dialog to 100% the image will be a little bit blurry. Maybe your webhoster changes the image quality too.

Edited by IRON67

Thank you so much for replying and sharing your thoughts with me in this subject, Iron67. I will experiment with this further, based on and applying your suggestions.
Again thank you  !...

P.S. in addition, just to make sure ... I am using the 'Snipping Tool' feature on windows to make the screenshot, and I do not see an option in the save dialog to 100% in there. Are you talking about making a screenshot using PAINT, which has such an option build in? ... And if that is the case, where can I find instructions - or are you willing to explain - on how to do that ? ... 

47 minutes ago, christiaano said:

I am using the 'Snipping Tool' feature on windows to make the screenshot, and I do not see an option in the save dialog to 100% in there. Are you talking about making a screenshot using PAINT, which has such an option build in?

I talk about the Paint.NET Save as-options for the JPEG-format. Not every software have such Save-options. I don't know, in which quality the Snipping Tool saves JPG images resp. which compression factor is used (higher compression = lower quality). When in doubt, save as PNG, because this format have a lossless compression.

Edited by IRON67

You don't need ANY software to make a screenshot. Just press the [Print] key on your keyboard for an clipboard copy (on some PC's Fn+Print) of your entire desktop or [Alt]+[Print] resp. [AltGr]+[Print] for a screenshot of the actual program window. Then you can paste the clipboard content in Paint.NET via [Ctrl]+[Alt]+V resp. Menu: Edit -> Paste into New Image.

to make a screenshot with PAINT as far as you know ?

This forum is dedicated to Paint.NET, not Paint. Paint is Microsoft Paint.

Edited by IRON67

5 hours ago, skullbonz said:

The windows snipping tool saves as png

The Windows Snipping Tool saves as JPG, GIF and MHT too, if you want. PNG is only the first and standard option - not the only one.

Save the snip as a file on your computer by clicking on the File menu and then selecting Save As. The options you have when saving the snip are as a JPG, GIF, PNG, or Single File HTML (MHT). For pictures I suggest you always use save your snip as a JPG

snip.jpg

Edited by IRON67