PedgeJameson

Hi, do we have a wroking plugin for making.ico files?

34 posts in this topic

Hmm, the version 4.0.1.0 of IcoCur.dll (2014) I have installed, works fine. Just tested.

Edited by IRON67

Its only for Saving as and not for editing/opening ICO-files.

Just tested. It works for opening too - at least if the file has not more then two images inside. You dont need to choose something. Just File - Open...

Edited by IRON67

6 minutes ago, PedgeJameson said:

How do I open an icon? It's not a listed choice.

Snipper - paste into Paint.net - edit - save as *.ico

MGT9iTs.png

I have IcoCUr.dll in the Effects folder, the only way I even get the icon into the program is by cutting from the desktop and pasting it and then its a real crappy version.

No. File -> Open .... then a explorer window pops up and you have to select the ICO file you want to open ... after OK in PDN pops up a little window that shows all available Iconsizes in the selected file and you can choose a single one to open.

Ico.jpg

I have IcoCUr.dll in the Effects folder

Wrong folder. FileTypes is the right one.

Edited by IRON67

11 minutes ago, PedgeJameson said:

Snipper?

Part of Win10 -  different forum for that one. :)  And yes the import feature works well

MGT9iTs.png

Fine, but that's not really that, what you asking for. And not every person uses Win 10 and a tool like "Snipper". So the answer for your question is: Yes, we have a working file type plugin for ICO files.

OK, apology, sorry was curious what a snipper was, no need to be...snippy!! HAH!!....anyway, do they come jaggy looking after I'm done or is it something I did when I saved the icons?

11 minutes ago, PedgeJameson said:

do they come jaggy looking after I'm done or is it something I did when I saved the icons?

Because I don't use Win 10 or Snippy-Snapper-Snoopy and I don't know, WHAT you have done, it is really difficult to answer.

If you want resize a bigger image to a typical icon size like 16x16, 32x32, 48x48 or 64x64 pixels, be sure, that you choose for Resampling not "BEST" but "Nearest Neighbor".

Edited by IRON67

5 minutes ago, PedgeJameson said:

The two on the left. what size are those roughly?

24x24 pixels.

arrows.jpg

Edited by IRON67

Bigger, because there are multiple sizes inside one file from 16x16 to 256x256 pixels.

Maybe you should work with a real Icon Editor like Greenfish. (See spoiler)

Spoiler

greenfish.jpg

Edited by IRON67

Depends completely on your needs. If you need it only for your own eyes, choose what you want. If it is for a distributed software, you need many sizes, because different users have different screen resolutions and different options for displaying windows and symbol sizes.

1 minute ago, PedgeJameson said:

Just for me 1080p

Yeah, fine. And? I don't know, what size is good for your needs and where you want to see it. I don't have a magic crystal ball.

1 minute ago, PedgeJameson said:

In the folders...

What folders? Do you mean in the Windows Explorer? I'm out. Such manipulations are a little bit to tricky. I hope you know what you are doing.