TR's SplineMaster

cubsterky

I'm using TR's SpineMaster and when I'm drawing I can only see the layer I'm working on.  I need to see other layers so everything lines up.  Is this possible? 

And is it possible to zoom out instead of moving around using right click?

The sad fact is, plugins that open a new window for editing don't have access to the other layers. I certainly feel your pain. Perhaps in the future writers of such plugins can be encouraged to allow the image in the clipboard to be used as the background. That wouldn't solve the problem entirely, but it would be an improvement. Unfortunately, TR hasn't been around the forum for quite a  while, so no update of SplineMaster is likely.

One possible workaround is to create a reference image by flattening all the layers needed for reference, and then run SplineMaster on said reference image. Once you have completed the spline (or splines), you can do away with this flattened image used for reference by checking the delete background checkbox in the bottom right corner of TR's SplineMaster's interface. This may be a rather uncomfortable way to do things, but you're likely to need a few reference images to guide you in the spline-creation process.

• Upvote 2

^ +1

18 minutes ago, Maximilian said:

One possible workaround is to create a reference image by flattening all the layers needed for reference,

To do this quickly... Ctrl + A (select the entire image), Ctrl + Shift + C (copy merged i.e. all the visible layers) & Ctrl + Shift + V (paste in to new layer).

• Upvote 1