drawing connected straight lines

cubsterky

Is there a tool in paint.net where u can draw a straight line, and then when u move the mouse it starts a new line where the first line ended. And when u click the mouse again it creates another line, all connected?  I've only been able to draw individual lines and be very careful to make sure they connect accurately.  I want to electronics diagrams like this with just a few clicks

Screenshot_2017-02-09-00-00-33.png

21 minutes ago, cubsterky said:

Is there a tool in paint.net where u can draw a straight line, and then when u move the mouse it starts a new line where the first line ended. And when u click the mouse again it creates another line, all connected?

Yes, you can use the ShapeMaker plugin does this.

Wouldn't you be better off using a PCB design program though?

I like to use KiCad, but I've heard the freeware edition of DipTrace is also good.

• Upvote 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Coincidentally, just before this thread was begun, I started a thread which suggested a feature that would, I believe, solve the problem. I have no idea whether my suggestion will be seriously considered, but I hope it is. It would be very useful, and (I believe) not especially difficult to implement.