Does anyone know how to 'frost' an image?

Falco276

Hello everyone. :)

I've used Paint.NET for about a year and a two, and I seem to have an issue with 'frosting' an image.

I did this before (see image attached) and I completely forgot how to do it again.

I experimented with the Frosted Glass and Crystalize options but they did me no good. :(

I may know one step I did before 'frosting' the image.

I may have did the 'Clouds' option before clicking on something else to 'frost' it.

Any help?

KvD map frosted.PNG 

For something like your example, you could use Clouds of 2 shades of light orange as your primary and secondary colors with around ~70 Scale and around ~0.75 Roughness.

And now for the frost. Make your primary color white and your secondary color transparent (just make the transparency value 0).

Create a 2nd layer and on that layer, try to render Clouds once more. Again with low Scale and considerably high Roughness settings.

Optional: Apply a blur of the 2nd layer or lower its layer opacity where you made the frost.

Flatten the layers.

Edited by Ishi

Hi @Falco276 and Welcome :).

Yes, as Ishi says, the clouds plugin should do the trick.  You may want to take a look at this tutorial as well, up to Step 2.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.