manual cut & resize selection (RMS in French)

aladin

Hi everybody !

I have a dream !

A plug-in in Paint, with a double function, but a little bit complicated.

I dreamed (awake) of a plug-in capable of resizing a portion of image, whatever its dimension, into an image of a fixed resolution predefined in advance.

Imagine, an image measuring 4160 x 3120 pixels ....
Imagine seeing a portion of this image reduced to a predefined size, so that the new image reaches the resolution of 674 x 506 pixels!

Imagine the simplicity some will have to resize just a portion of the image to fit in a pre-defined resolution! That would be great ! No?

We all know the functions "crop" and "resize", which work wonderfully on a complete image! But when it comes to choosing a portion of the image according to what the user wants to keep from an image, there ... nobody knows how to do quickly!

How I dreamed the thing ?! Once the RMS plug-in is selected (this means "Réduction Manuelle de la Sélection" in French, in english... "Manual reduction Selection"), see what happens:
- a dialog box appears to ask for the new resolution (it will retain this resolution in memory for the next uses), once validated ...
- a rectangle of selection (representing the final resolution) will be displayed on our image / layer, and the user will position where it wants, taking care by agraditing or reducing this selection, to select the part to be kept, reduced to the dimension previously defined.

Unless you tell me that it already exists, what do you think of this (awakened) dream?

Thanks to Google for the translation, thanks to your mother for bringing you into the world so that you can read and reply to this message which I hope will be useful to all mankind, myself included! Peace and prosperity for this new year and I hope to read you very soon :)

IN FRENCH ---------------

Salut tout le monde !

J'ai fait un rêve !

Un plugiciel dans Paint, avec une double fonction, mais un peu compliqué.

J'ai rêvé (éveillé) d'un greffon capable de redimensionner une portion d'image, quelque soit sa dimension, en une image d'une résolution fixe prédéfinie à l'avance.

Imaginez, une image mesurant 4160 x 3120 pixels....
Imaginez maintenant voir une portion de cette image réduite à une taille prédéfinie, pour que la nouvelle image atteigne la résolution de 674 x 506 pixels !

Imaginez la simplicité qu'aurons certains de redimensionner juste une portion d'image pour qu'elle tienne dans une résolution pré-définie ! Ca serait génial ! No ?

Nous connaissons tous les fonctions "rogner" et "redimensionner", qui fonctionnent à merveille sur une image complète ! Mais lorsqu'il s'agit de choisir une portion d'image en fonction de ce que l'utilisateur souhaite garder d'une image, là... y a plus personne !

Comment j'ai rêvé la chose ?! Une fois le plug-in RMS sélectionné (cela signifie Réduction Manuelle de la Sélection in French), voiçi ce qu'il se passe :
- une boite de dialogue s'affiche pour demander la nouvelle résolution (il retiendra cette résolution en mémoire pour les prochaines utilisations), une fois validée...
- un rectangle de sélection (représentant la résolution finale) s'affichera sur notre image/calque, et l'utilisateur positionnera où il le souhaite, en prenant soins en agrandissant ou réduisant cette sélection, de sélectionner la portion à garder, réduite à la dimension précédemment définie.

A moins de me dire que cela existe déjà, que pensez vous de ce rêve (éveillé) ?

Merci à Google pour la traduction, merci à ta mère de t'avoir mis au monde pour que tu puisse lire et répondre à ce message qui je l'espère, sera utile à toute l'humanité, moi y compris ! Paix et prospérité pour cette nouvelle année et j'espère te lire très bientôt :)

You don't need a plugin for this.

1. Define your selection

2. Ctrl + C = copy

3. Ctrl + Alt + V = paste in to new image.

4. Ctrl + R = Image > Resize. Type in the new dimensions.

• 5 years later...
On 1/15/2017 at 10:06 PM, Ego Eram Reputo said:

You don't need a plugin for this.

1. Define your selection

2. Ctrl + C = copy

3. Ctrl + Alt + V = paste in to new image.

4. Ctrl + R = Image > Resize. Type in the new dimensions.

Sorry for asking! Too bad, let's continue to make it complicated!