toe_head2001

Object of the Fortnight - Discussion thread

35 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, MJW said:

I wish those who posted non-compliant entries would have modified their entries to make them eligible. There were some good entries that weren't allowed.

Here ya go...about as good a baseball I can make with 100% PDN....

ebKsSFT.png

Were going to try something a little different this time: A bit more creative freedom.

For 'OotF #4', the object is Pocket Watch. You can make it as simple or as intricate as you want. The standard rules still apply.

Here are a couple of examples:

pocket_watch_4945SK_face.jpgLPW200-m.jpg

DO NOT add some sort of scene within the watch though. ex:

Reuge-pocket-watch.JPG<-- NO!

Unfortunately I may not be able to submit an entry to OOTF#4. I have asked Toe_head to ask MJW to choose an object since his entry took second place. I feel bad since I was on a streak but it can't be helped. Believe it or not a pocket watch was one of the items I was considering.

I notice several entries in the pocket watch competition have backgrounds. There are few enough entries as it is; we don't need to have any disqualified for not following the rules. I hope the entrants revise their entries.

While I'm at it, get better soon Woodsy! I wish you could have submitted a pocket watch entry.

I'm disappointed there were so few entries in the pocket watch OOTF contest. I thought it was a quite interesting subject. Maybe it required too many separate parts. I know I sort of felt like, "Well I finished that, now I've still got this, and this, and this to do."

Too intricate IMO. I thought the 'objects' were going to be simpler. An Egg, baseball bat, cup, smoke, etc..., Look how many entries there were for the baseball.

I've found all topics appealing so far. Sadly for me, I haven't been able to participate so far, and I can't even participate in the signature contests either. Like many artists on the forum, I hardly ever know when to call it quits when it comes to details and satisfactory results :/

I would have like to participate, but...I'm not good managing my time. And I thought: Okay. It's better to choose only one competition. I'll chose the other next time.

That way, I can save myself some peace of mind for not submitting the entry on time.

:mrred: Sorry ........... Mea culpa - just noticed that @Toe says on a 'transparent background'.  I'd remembered the 'plain' background, but not the transparent.  Won't do it again smileys-smiley-with-sign-723998.gif 

Also, I'd forgotten to 'follow' this thread, so didn't see the comments till now :mrgreen:.

Edited by Pixey

I would have liked to participate.
But I don't know how to create it.  :/