How to Install Plugins ×

Olden 1.5

Simon Brown

But ... why no IndirectUI? :cry:

Using Windows Forms gives me the future freedom to use any .NET/WPF/COM control.

Also, it doesn't reload the values into the dialog the 2nd time you open it ...

Fixed

KaHuc.png

• 3 weeks later...

Olden Photo menu

Olden is basically makes your photo look old.

Before:

oldbeforeju1.png

After:

oldafterbu6.png

Note to stalkers: I do not live in Baltimore City. :P

This plugin is based on (although should not represent) the following tutorial by Helio: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3831

Update Log

• [*:26dsx5hg]Fixed value reload bug.

Plugin Copyright © Simon Brown 2008

Use at your own risk.

this is a very good effect, but you need to change the main picture, those yachts don't look very old.

the Definition of "rebel"

1. take part in a rebellion; renounce a former allegiance

2. insurgent

3. maverick

4. break with established customs

My_Sig2.png

this is a very good effect, but you need to change the main picture, those yachts don't look very old.

Which image do you suggest?

how bout these.

P.S that town is Prague. very oldish looking town

and for stalkers, I do not live there.

16526_75c697822794d807833959817fed19e7

16526_202d2e8db496b71f24f19da63927a094

16526_2c0521c0e2c8f456a14e07b6c6836e90

the Definition of "rebel"

1. take part in a rebellion; renounce a former allegiance

2. insurgent

3. maverick

4. break with established customs

My_Sig2.png

• 1 month later...

Very nice, looks good.

But, the 'Olden' window stays on top when you move to other windows (like internet explorer or something); this isn't normal... :S

5315790159a9017109785l.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 7 years later...

This plugin causes paint.net to crash.

Exception details:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.UnfocusEffect.Apply(ColorBgra src, Int32 area, Int32* hb, Int32* hg, Int32* hr, Int32* ha) in D:\src\pdn\src\Effects\UnfocusEffect.cs:line 85
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.LocalHistogramEffect.RenderRect(Int32 rad, Surface src, Surface dst, Rectangle rect) in D:\src\pdn\src\Effects\LocalHistogramEffect.cs:line 207
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.UnfocusEffect.OnRender(Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length) in D:\src\pdn\src\Effects\UnfocusEffect.cs:line 181
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect`1.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length) in D:\src\pdn\src\Effects\Effect`1.cs:line 98
   at Olden.Olden.RenderUnfocus(RenderArgs dst, RenderArgs src, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
   at Olden.Olden.OnRender(Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect`1.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length) in D:\src\pdn\src\Effects\Effect`1.cs:line 98
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RenderWithClipMask(Effect effect, EffectConfigToken token, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, IRenderer`1 clipMaskRenderer) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 170
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RendererContext.RenderTile(EffectConfigToken token, Int32 tileIndex) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 150
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RendererContext.RenderNextTile(EffectConfigToken token) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 142
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.EffectRendererWorkItemQueue.OnExecuteNextWorkItem() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\EffectRendererWorkItemQueue.cs:line 131
   at PaintDotNet.Threading.MultithreadedWorkItemDispatcher.WorkThreadProc(Object context) in D:\src\pdn\src\Core\Threading\MultithreadedWorkItemDispatcher.cs:line 512
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(Object obj)

EDIT: I did some bisecting of the different releases of paint.net, and found that is plugin stopped working starting with paint.net v4.0.11.

Edited by toe_head2001

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Yup. Confirmed the same crash in PDN 4.0.15.

• 2 months later...

I've got a fix for 4.0.17 ... at least, for the crashing.

Olden still seems to have some problems with multithreading, so it will generate some ugly/garbly output.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg