Objects fading toward a vanishing point

Could an effect be made that would repeat an object something like pyrochild's Trail... effect (one behind another one and so on...) but considering a one point perspective.

repeated-objects-...spective-511043d.png

for example if I have an image in the clipboard and I would like to repeat it several times at a certain distance between them. 

Edited by Eli
  • Upvote 2

I'm sure you can do this with Rotate/Zoom.

1. Start with the rocket (which is very nice BTW) on it's own layer.

2. Duplicate layer.

3. Apply Rotate/Zoom + Pan to offset it from the last position and make it slightly smaller with Zoom <1.

4. Repeat from 2 as many times as you need. Rotate/Zoom will hold the settings.

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

I'm sure you can do this with Rotate/Zoom.

1. Start with the rocket (which is very nice BTW) on it's own layer.

2. Duplicate layer.

3. Apply Rotate/Zoom + Pan to offset it from the last position and make it slightly smaller with Zoom <1.

4. Repeat from 2 as many times as you need. Rotate/Zoom will hold the settings.

Thanks for the tip EER. I followed your instructions and this is what I got. I noticed that the further the objects, the more they deviate form the perspective lines.

rocket-perspective-5112392.png

20 hours ago, toe_head2001 said:

Automating it with a plugin shouldn't be too difficult; it would only require basic trigonometry.

Toe_head2001, I will be glad to test it.

31 minutes ago, Eli said:

I noticed that the further the objects, the more they deviate form the perspective lines.

I'll concede it's going to be trial and error to get them to match exactly using this technique. Nice job you made of it ;)

Aardvark has a higher (super) sampling rate. Used repeatedly as per E.E.R.'s suggested method.

e27WOHi.png

I've had thoughts about a plugin like this for a very long time but have not done anything. The more I think about it the more complex it seems as the sampling should increase towards the vanishing point, options for 2 or ideally 3 point perspective?, trailing outwards option? etc...

If no-one has written it in a few months, I'll take a shot at it.:/:)

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

1 hour ago, Red ochre said:

Aardvark has a higher (super) sampling rate. Used repeatedly as per E.E.R.'s suggested method.

e27WOHi.png

I've had thoughts about a plugin like this for a very long time but have not done anything. The more I think about it the more complex it seems as the sampling should increase towards the vanishing point, options for 2 or ideally 3 point perspective?, trailing outwards option? etc...

If no-one has written it in a few months, I'll take a shot at it.:/:)

Great tip Red. 2 point perspective reminds me of a checkers board I drew with my art teacher (well over 50 years ago :) ).

rocket-perspective-aardvark-5112ada.png