Magic Wand maybe bug?

Bluespide

Hello,

I don't know if this behavior is a bug or on purpose. After using the Magic Wand at least 2 times and then switching to like subtraction mode or anything, it already gets applied to the last 2 selections. Shouldn't it wait for the next selection?

Edited by Bluespide

It should and it does (on my system). What version are you using?

How are you selecting Subtract mode? Toolbar icon or keyboard shortcut (+ which key)?

Perhaps it's a misunderstanding of the way tools now work. If a region is selected with the Magic Wand in, say, Add mode, then a second region is selected, the mode of the second selection will change to Subtract if the Subtract mode is chosen before the second selection is completed by, for example, clicking Finish.

- selecting Subtract by toolbar icon

- version 4.0.12 (4.12.6099.39434)

I was just wondering, because this behaviour is only happening with the Magic Wand. Rectangle Select and Lasso Select are not acting this way.

If you switch selection mode (Add -> Substract) with Rectangle Select your current selected Path is not doing anything. Substract will now be used for the new areas you click on. But with Magic Wand it will undo your last selection and redo it with your just clicked toolbar mode (Substract). Right at the time you click the tooblar button.

Edit: Ah, okay. Only the Magic Wand got this Finish button. Ok done :).

Edited by Bluespide