LionsDragon's Gallery--Happy Everything

LionsDragon

Hi Lioness,

I like the image a lot if I could make one constructive criticism.

See if you can make the flames a little bit more individual. 

MySig.png.61b6899d09d3d9874451eb7dff405f47.png

dNDASZc.png

Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present Professor Dragon's Pet Apothecary! The healthiest foods, the finest treats, and the prettiest toys to keep your companions at their happiest! My prices are most fair, good people, and I can promise it is worth it for your pet!

Yes, I've been on a bit of a Victorian kick lately; why do you ask?

Edited by LionsDragon
  • Upvote 7

1496930299_DraconicSig.png.8e49d04e5ce393bdcdf9f0dfb54bf1c8.png

I love this and it really does look like the Victorian era :D.  I also think the path is very well done too.  I have no doubt there is some cat nip for sale, which my kitty Felix would love to bits smileys-katzen-918897.gif

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

@Pixey yep, catnip mousie is located at the right side of the back panel. He's actually a portrait of Mach Five's favorite catnip mousie, Dr. Trippy. (Yes, her toys have names.)

@Woodsy, I wanted to put it somewhere hectic and grimy with a bustling crowd, but um...I'm not confident AT ALL in my ability to draw people. :( So, I settled for grimy and foggy.

Thank you both, and thank you @ingwer for the reps!

As another of the first to receive a message from my new replacement computer -Oh, I say, well done on your " Foggy Day in London Town" (sounds like a song-hummm)     

Scooter

Age is only  a number --in my case a Really BIG number, but there you have it

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

2 hours ago, Scooter said:

As another of the first to receive a message from my new replacement computer -Oh, I say, well done on your " Foggy Day in London Town" (sounds like a song-hummm)     

Thank you! *squee!* I love that song!

2 hours ago, Red ochre said:

Wouldn't cat's like Jack the Kipper?:D

Inventive image, well done!

Thank you, good sir! :):)

And I tried to work out a deal with Jack the Kipper but the jerk kept shredding the fish. No class, none at all.

So um, this one's kind of weird. I just...well, felt like making a dragon. (I was born in the Year of the Dragon, hence my nickname.)

I can use all the advice I can get! Thrown veggies too; this dragon loves fire-roasted tomatoes.

2jB0Sfn.png

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, toe_head2001 said:

It looks like a cat with wings; put some scales on it.

Okay it's not just me thinking that. Thank you!

P.S. I did add scales, but I was nervous about them sticking out...so now they aren't visible. Always learning....

Edited by LionsDragon

Awww - I love this kitty-dragon :D.  It reminds me a bit of those cats with no fur.  I wish the image was bigger, so I could look closer.  She or He has gorgeous eyes and the shading over the body is lovely.  Nice concrete texture on the wall ............ tomb stone? 

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Kitty dragon! I've heard of feathery dragons before, rather than scaly ones. Maybe it's one of those? 

Oooh! Or maybe it's like the winged lion on the cover of A Spell for Chameleon!

Edited by hippiechos
  • Upvote 1

LoniTownsendSig.jpg

<3 @LionsDragon!

This is a cute dragon. ;) Good color selection. I love it. :trophy:  Thank you. :cake: :coffee:

• Upvote 1

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

He bears a resemblance to Daenerys Targaryen's dragons when they were babies —you won't know what I'm talking about if you're not a fan of Game of Thrones, but that was a compliment :)

Like toe_head recommended above, scales are needed for a dragon to look dragonish, even for baby dragons —and I think they should look fine on baby cat-dragons too :) I would say don't worry much about the size of the scales, although if it's going to be a baby dragon you may consider scales that won't stand out too much, but that can be easily appreciated at first sight. I want to emphasize that he looks like a baby dragon as per the size of his wings (let's remember that adult dragons tend to have huge wings according to popular draconic myths, but I'm probably stating the too obvious —just making conversation here). Other than that, I think he looks quite like a dragon ? (nicely accomplished concrete wall, btw)

PS: You may pay a look at this tutorial, especially the finished piece at the top of the page. You will see some discreet although perceptible scales above the belly area.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Pixey said:

Awww - I love this kitty-dragon :D.  It reminds me a bit of those cats with no fur.  I wish the image was bigger, so I could look closer.  She or He has gorgeous eyes and the shading over the body is lovely.  Nice concrete texture on the wall ............ tomb stone? 

Thank you! Actually, a Sphynx cat was my original model. I figured Sphynx and Oriental cats had the ears I was looking for. And she does have pretty eyes, thank you!

Funny enough, it was just going to be a rock for her to lounge on. However, by the time I got done tinkering around with it, I realized it looked like a tombstone from an old cemetery. I couldn't resist! :) And the concrete texture is Chad's tut.

17 hours ago, hippiechos said:

Kitty dragon! I've heard of feathery dragons before, rather than scaly ones. Maybe it's one of those? 

Oooh! Or maybe it's like the winged lion on the cover of A Spell for Chameleon!

Well, she was supposed to be feathery--I mean if dinosaurs had feathers, it's only logical for dragons. Unfortunately, I made her furry and not enough feathery/scaly.

You mean a manticore? :) I'm working up to one, actually. I have a weird fondness for manticores and sphinxes (actually crocheted a manticore some years ago), so I want to do it justice.

3 hours ago, Maximilian said:

He bears a resemblance to Daenerys Targaryen's dragons when they were babies —you won't know what I'm talking about if you're not a fan of Game of Thrones, but that was a compliment :)

Like toe_head recommended above, scales are needed for a dragon to look dragonish, even for baby dragons —and I think they should look fine on baby cat-dragons too :) I would say don't worry much about the size of the scales, although if it's going to be a baby dragon you may consider scales that won't stand out too much, but that can be easily appreciated at first sight. I want to emphasize that he looks like a baby dragon as per the size of his wings (let's remember that adult dragons tend to have huge wings according to popular draconic myths, but I'm probably stating the too obvious —just making conversation here). Other than that, I think he looks quite like a dragon ? (nicely accomplished concrete wall, btw)

PS: You may pay a look at this tutorial, especially the finished piece at the top of the page. You will see some discreet although perceptible scales above the belly area.

I'm just familiar enough with GoT to be blushing. If the Mother of Dragons would approve, I'm inching in the right direction.

Yeah, I realized a bit too late that I'd hosed her wings. There's no way wings that size would be able to lift that body! I've only had birds most of my life, I should have thought of that....  Actually, now that you make me think of it, I think I need to study pteranodon skeletons a bit. Avian bones are hollow, but I don't recall if pteranosaurs' bones were. I *may* need to adjust her a bit so the physics are more realistic. "Because magic" never entirely cut it for me. I was the gaming nerd who tore into genetics, genetic mutations, and quantum physics. I'll take all the magic you want, but by golly it's gonna make sense!

Thank you for the tutorial! :cake: I've been having a deuce of a time with the stomach scales, and this helped a lot!

• Upvote 1