LionsDragon

LionsDragon's Gallery

106 posts in this topic

@LionsDragon....lovely rug and chandelier!   Yes, take Pixey's advice...that will help smooth out and sharpen up things. Drop shadow will make things 'pop'!

Keep up the good work!   :)

Oh the blue is fantastic! I love the idea you have with the gems around the necklace. Very pretty! Yes, do try Pixey's perfume bottle tute. I'm sure you will love the outcome.

Thanks @barbieq25! I have started re-working the necklace with your antialias/shadow instructions, and @Pixey's tutorial. Really, really excited because I can see improvement already.

The blue was a total accident: Obsidian Dawn's website has some gemstone brushes that I was puttering around with, and I used a light turquoise on a transparent background. I ran @maccas' "Add Depth" plugin with some shadows, and kablooey--London Blue Topaz.

Dear LionsDragon! <3

Your last pictures are very well done. Thank you so much. :cake: :coffee:

Really impressive work so far here, I look forward to seeing more too. The fireplace is very good, a lot of attention to detail, well done :) 

14 hours ago, LionsDragon said:

The blue was a total accident: Obsidian Dawn's website has some gemstone brushes that I was puttering around with, and I used a light turquoise on a transparent background. I ran @maccas' "Add Depth" plugin with some shadows, and kablooey--London Blue Topaz.

@LionsDragon - you taught ME something today :) I never knew about that Add Depth plugin and have now downloaded it.

I love it when 'kablooey' happens.  You are working on something and Bam ............. it looks fantastic.  Sadly, those moments are rare ;).

Well, it's taken me a few days, but here is the updated "Statement Necklace." I do like the results a lot more, although I still see room for improvement.

Statement%20Necklace%202_zps9r78hpah.jpg

Edited by LionsDragon
Image too large

Good to see your techniques progressing and a belated welcome to the forum from me too.:)

LionsDragon, your Statement Necklace is much improved! Looking forward to seeing more!

Oh YES - much sharper and smoother now.  That AA's Assistant is a blessing - 'A PDNer's Friend' for sure :).

Oooooh - forgot to say that your signature is super - minimalist and very eye catching ;)

Edited by Pixey
pea brain forgot something

Yes!  Looks much better.  Drop Shadow gives it more depth.  :)

Thank you @Red ochre, and hail to the king!

Thank you @Woodsy! I hope to have more soon!

Thank you @Pixey! It really does make a huge difference. I am glad you like my sig too!

Thank you @lynxster4! It took me some time to get the hang of Drop Shadow, but oh how I love it now.

:cake: and :coffee: for everyone!

Hello LionsDragon,

i can recognize a huge potential in your work.

the fireplace is amazing. and the necklace too.

looking forward to see you in action;)

Remarkable necklace, and liking your siggy too! JC_clap.gif

Dear Lions Dragon!  <3

"Statement Necklace."  I love your new way of working! Thank you so much. :cake: :coffee:

Well, I have my big project almost finished (minus some changes requested by the hubby), so I figured it was time for a break! I ran through some tutorials, and then tinkered around with ShapeMaker a bit more.

I felt like making a quilt since I never seem to have time or energy to make a real one! Now to try for something more realistic-looking, now that I've given my brain a rest.

V6yLYyL.png

Yes, what a lovely pattern for a quilt - it's perfect :) .