4.0.12 dialog bugs

edgar

You have the Menu font size increased from within Windows' control panel?

For now, if you need larger text for readability, I recommend increasing the "DPI" settings instead. That will increase the size of *all* elements, not just text.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

2 hours ago, Rick Brewster said:

You have the Menu font size increased from within Windows' control panel?

For now, if you need larger text for readability, I recommend increasing the "DPI" settings instead. That will increase the size of *all* elements, not just text.

Exactly - I have changed the menu font (family and size) for readability. Changing the DPI messes up many other programs and negates the benefits of my 65" 1920X1080 monitors.

You said "For now" - does that mean you hope to make your dialogs font sensitive? I have reverted to 4.0.10 (which seems to ignore the OS specified fonts).

BTW, I am a programmer and technical document editor/author; years ago I worked on Microsoft's Accessibility Team where (among other things) I worked on application font sensitivity - especially where it impacted folks with low visual acuity. I have had a couple of patches applied on the wxWidgets code and done extensive work on the code and technical documentation of Audacity. I use paint.net a lot (probably average 2-3 hours per day) and would really enjoy being able to help you with your code and, to a lesser extent, documentation.

10.png

• 2 months later...