pdn-> any other file doesn't work

KGVale

Hello.

I recently spent a lot of time making around 49 .pdn files. However I want to make them into png, jpg or whatever for use in another program. Unfortunately, I was unable to use any converted files, as they always gave errors seen in the attached files. I tested again by making a .pdn, saving it, then flattening it and changing it to a png. It again gave me this error. Is there are way to convert these files without them seeming corrupted in these forms? And yes I did flatten the .pdn files into 1 layer. Also when converted back to .pdn, they worked fine.

paint1.png

paint2.png

Edited by KGVale

Hi KGVale - welcome to the forum :D

How are you 'converting' these files?

The correct method would be to use File > Save As and specify *.JPG (or *.png) as the fletype from the drop down selector in the save dialog.

8 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Hi KGVale - welcome to the forum :D

How are you 'converting' these files?

The correct method would be to use File > Save As and specify *.JPG (or *.png) as the fletype from the drop down selector in the save dialog.

Thanks for the reply.

I've both done as you say and simply renamed the file ending. I also used a file conversion program after this. Each time it corrupts them:/

Edited by KGVale

Never mind, I did as you said and it worked. It's just going to be annoying reopening 48 other files and doing the same thing. Is there really no way to speed this up?

6 hours ago, KGVale said:

..and simply renamed the file ending.

Simply renaming the file extension is WRONG. Read again Ego Eram Reputos answer. BTW: What file conversion program? Why?

Edited by IRON67

Changing the file extension does not change the format. The extension is an indicator of the format. A clue to how the data is encoded. Think of it like a chocolate cake: you can put whatever icing you like on it but that doesn't change the fact that it is a chocolate cake. If you want a carrot cake you're going to have to bake it again.

• Upvote 1