How to erase

Sirwin

Hello.  I've just started using paint.net after my paint in Windows 10 decided it wasn't going to work anymore.  I have to say that I am completely bamboozled!  For instance, how does the erase function work?  It just seems to draw faint dotted lines, and do nothing else.  It certainly doesn't erase anything.  I would like to select an area, press delete, and have it erased, like in paint.  How do I do that with paint.net?

Cheers, Stuart

The eraser erases like an eraser does. If you hold down the left mouse button, it will erase whatever is under the cursor -- like a Paintbrush, but erasing instead of coloring. You can set the size of the area to be erased by setting the Brush width.

If you have a region selected, you can erase it by using the command Edit>Erase Selection, or by pressing the Delete key on the keyboard.

ALSO: This belongs in Paint.NET Discussion and Questions.

Stuart

First Welcome to Pant. Net 2thumbs.gif

As to using the various "tools" I would suggest a reading of the General Discussion  area may give you much guidance.

The quick answer to you question is this, only one of several possibilities.. 

erace.JPG

Again Welcome

Edited by Scooter

Scooter

Age is only  a number --in my case a Really BIG number, but there you have it

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

Hi Stuart and welcome :)

The online documentation is a great place to learn the basics. This page covers the eraser tool http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/EraserTool.html