How to Install Plugins ×

Quadrilateral Correction v1.3.1 (Dec 16, 2021)

On 11/16/2022 at 5:05 PM, toe_head2001 said:

This plugin doesn't support old versions of Paint.NET. You must update to the most recent version.

I'm using PDN 4.0.21 from (sometime in) 2018. Where can I download v1.1 (or possibly v.1.2) of the plugin that was pre-2018 which would work with my version? The old version probably suits my needs just fine--can live without the reset option.

(I can't/don't want to update PDN since on my Windows 7 system, 4.0.21 is the latest version that does not require the Windows 7 Platform Update (aka "KB2670838 the evil update") which causes all sorts of problems on many Windows 7 systems including mine.)

9 hours ago, Tango said:

I'm using PDN 4.0.21 from (sometime in) 2018. Where can I download v1.1 (or possibly v.1.2) of the plugin that was pre-2018 which would work with my version? The old version probably suits my needs just fine--can live without the reset option.

(I can't/don't want to update PDN since on my Windows 7 system, 4.0.21 is the latest version that does not require the Windows 7 Platform Update (aka "KB2670838 the evil update") which causes all sorts of problems on many Windows 7 systems including mine.)

Full stop. Installing the latest version of PDN is the only path forward here. We cannot help you otherwise.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

I assume this is the "royal we" 🙂 since clearly anyone who has the older version 1.1 .dll can help me (whether they choose to or not is another question). Certainly if I did I would pass it on to a poster who wanted it, while fully appreciating that support by the author and other who so decide might limit their responses just to those with the latest version.

And no, installing the latest version is not the only path forward; in fact it is non-starter for me for reasons previously explained. I can understand it being frustrating for you since the dependence of PDN on the buggy Windows 7 Platform Update and associated libraries, while no doubt a positive move for the long-term evolution of PDN, was unfortunately a huge step backwards for many Windows 7 users, which still constitute 10% of the Windows user base. (Incidentally, I don't need help with selecting which operating system I use or my upgrade strategies -- I can and do make my own tradeoffs on that.)

I am sure others have their reasons for using older versions as well. One possibility, though current dogma would seem to preclude its consideration, is that there be another sub-forum for older versions, which those with a distaste for could ignore entirely. Posting guidelines: (1) state which version and platform (2) brief reason for inability or unwillingness to update (3) description of problem. Would get the best of all worlds that way, but hey, perhaps the forum administrators need help with structuring the forum as much as I need help with selecting my operating system and upgrade strategies. 😆

Meanwhile, thanks to toe_head2001 for pointing out the cause of the problem, Rick for PDN 4.0.21 which continues to work fine on my Windows 7 non-platform-updated system (the bugs in that platform update don't affect PDN--they affect other important-for-me functions of Windows and some other software). And discovering this thread also led me to search for and discover another solution that works perfectly for me, which is PerspectiveImageCorrection by wollli and can be found on SourceForge; it can even save in BMP for further processing by PDN or other programs without incurring multiple decoding/encoding losses. Not as nice as a full integration via a Plugin, but works perfectly for me, so I'm set for now with this issue. Cheers!

The Platform Update is not buggy, it has proven remarkably capable and stable over the (almost) decade it has been available. It was not "a huge step backwards." Windows 7 is not 10% of the user base, it is significantly less, and v5 (coming soon) will not even work on it. There will not be a sub-forum for old versions, and we do not need "help" with "structuring" the forum. 

If you ask for or discuss old versions again you will be removed from the forum. You simply need to upgrade your OS. You've had almost a decade to figure it out, and now you're just being inconsiderate by wasting our time with this ridiculous discussion. The rules apply to everyone, including you.

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

• 2 months later...
28 minutes ago, oeterg said:

Please, give me a hint!

Please see in Effects, scroll down to Tools and it should be in the drop down :) 

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

13 hours ago, oeterg said:

Please, give me a hint!

Plenty of hints can be found using the Plugin Index ;)

quadcorrection.png

I just downloaded 1.3.1.0 and it gets errors

:\Program Files\paint.net\Effects\QuadrilateralCorrection.dll, version 1.3.1.0

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'System.Runtime, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Drawing.Primitives, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'System.Drawing.Primitives, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'

1 hour ago, RachelTX said:

I just downloaded 1.3.1.0 and it gets errors

You are using a very old version of paint.net, and you must update to the most recent version.

Settings -> Updates -> Check Now

SettingsUpdates.png

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

• 5 months later...

A few years ago I asked for the reset function and was blown away by how fast toe_head2001 responded.  This plugin is the best feature of PDN for me.  I use it to straighten historic archival documents that are shot with a hand held phone.  One feature that would be really great is if it included some sort of automatic corner detection.  I'm mostly shooting pages of text against a black background.  It seems to me that edge detection could determine four straight lines, calculate the four intersections, and then feed the four (x,y) data points into the GUI.  Does anyone know of such a plug in for PDN?  Thanks!

17 hours ago, Mike Shawn said:

A few years ago I asked for the reset function and was blown away by how fast toe_head2001 responded.  This plugin is the best feature of PDN for me.  I use it to straighten historic archival documents that are shot with a hand held phone.  One feature that would be really great is if it included some sort of automatic corner detection.  I'm mostly shooting pages of text against a black background.  It seems to me that edge detection could determine four straight lines, calculate the four intersections, and then feed the four (x,y) data points into the GUI.  Does anyone know of such a plug in for PDN?  Thanks!

I use Microsoft Lens on my phone for that sort of thing. My scenario is essentially scanning documents to create PDFs. Usually just boring paperwork that needs a signature somewhere.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/microsoft-lens-pdf-scanner/id975925059

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.office.officelens&hl=en_US&gl=US

• Upvote 1

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

• 4 months later...
On 12/2/2019 at 2:24 PM, toe_head2001 said:

@DocRoot, Sorry, no can do (in this implementation anyway). :(  Perhaps you missed the explanation I previously posted; here is the excerpt:

In essence, the AForge.NET library is processing the image, and cropping it. I have no control over that.

Plus, this plugin wouldn't be able to enlarge the canvas size to accommodate the larger image.

I see you gave rep points to for the workaround that I and @thejack473 talked about. I suggest you use it. Or just use PSP.  Sure it's not ideal, but there's no reason you can't have more than one graphic program in your workflow. Use the right tool for the job.

Hi toe_head2001,

I know this is a really old topic, but I believe there is a way to do this via the GUI assuming the control box is relatively rectangular.  The first step would be to expand the canvas size before calling up the plugin.  This may be necessary if you're working right at the edge of the image.  Next, open up the plugin and set the control points tight to the area you want to correct.  Then, adjust each control point value as follows where P = amount to pad; upper left (x-P, y-P), upper right (x+P, y-P), lower left (x-P, y+P), and lower right (x+P, y+P).  This could be implemented in the GUI by allowing the user to enter the number of pixels to pad and buttons to add or remove the padding prior to clicking okay.  

As for myself, I would like to see a way to increase the size of the GUI box so that the control points are more visible.  Someone mentioned zooming in to set the points, but I think a bigger overall box would be more helpful.  Hope everyone has a great 2024!