New Forum Software

TABLE tags are busted. I'm implementing a fix as I find them - please point them out if you locate any. The post looks all doubled up with lines of text overwriting each other.

• Upvote 1

On 10/08/2016 at 6:26 AM, nitenurse79 said:

#2 Profiles can be viewed without logging in.

This seems to be the norm. There doesn't appear to be an option to switch off profiles for people not logged in.

This might be a good time to review your profile and remove anything you'd rather not be seen by the general public.

11 hours ago, Pixey said:

I'd still like to see a separation between the subjects ............. like so - if possible, of course ;) .

10 hours ago, BoltBait said:

That might be a little too much. 

I made a small change to the CSS.  How does it look now?

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

TABLE tags are busted. I'm implementing a fix as I find them - please point them out if you locate any. The post looks all doubled up with lines of text overwriting each other.

Thanks EER!

11 hours ago, BoltBait said:

I made a small change to the CSS.  How does it look now?

Now we're talking ................ many, many thanks @BB it looks really neat now (what a difference a line makes)  <3:star:smileys-kisses-375241.gif 

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

You mean the gray divider? We could try darkening it a bit. Its on my list of things to look into.

8 hours ago, BoltBait said:

I made it a little darker.  How does it look now?

11 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

You mean the gray divider? We could try darkening it a bit. Its on my list of things to look into.

Completely ninja'd by BoltBait on this one too :/. The man never sleeps! :evillaugh:

Looks much nicer for being a shade darker IMHO. Thanks BB.

The notification list option for following content when a new post is added to a thread (Someone comments on something I follow) has been disabled by the administrator.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

I'm loving the new design, but a few things I've noticed;

-How do I use the HIDE tags now? I'm assuming it's the spoiler one?

-My images used the [THUMB] tag to link to the larger copy. How do I do that (or something similar) now? Currently my gallery is looking a bit of a mess :P

Hi Dryda - see here on the Hide/Spoiler subject: 

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/110166-replacing-broken-hide-tags/

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

How to use the hide tags now:

First, there is no such thing as tags anymore.  You must edit your posts in the WYSIWYG editor.

Second, to use them, just click where you want your hide tag to start in the WYSIWYG editor and click the button that looks like an eye.

Third, type your content inside of the tags hidden area.

Unfortunately WYSInotWYG!

Any ideas on how to repair broken galleries, plugin thread images, tutorials etc. which rely on thumbnail images linked to full size images hosted on Imgur?

I've tried copying the image address and using the 'image from url' button then down-sizing the resultant image shown. This method only works occasionally?
No idea if that's a problem with the new forum software, the Imgur hosting site or me!

It would be great if there was some automated way to read the obsolete [thumb][/thumb] BBcode and update it to something that shows an image?

Perhaps the 'using images in posts' tutorial needs updating too?

Sorry to sound grumpy, I appreciate the work the admins must be doing behind the scene to cope with these changes.

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

I've assisted Pixey in restoring some of her Imgur links. Unfortunately the technique I'm using requires access to the HTML - which not everyone has.

If you do not have a button labelled Source in the editor toolbar you can PM me a list of posts with broken images & I will add them to my To-Do list.

• Upvote 1

That's a very kind offer - but I'm sure you also have better things to do;-)

Almost every link on page one of my gallery.
All the thumbnails in my Seascape and Gemstone tutorials (both in creations).http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/105242-techniques-for-colouring-gem-shapes-for-experienced-users/
All the thumbnails for every plugin I've published.Links in Pack thread.

... I would think around 200 images in total?

There must be a better solution surely?

Does this mean I cannot use thumbnails in future (without access to the html)?
- screenshots of plugin U.I.s won't be worth posting at 800 by 600 px as they won't be readable. Are we now limited to image-less links for larger images? :(
Users won't bother following the links, so not much point in creating/posting the images.

Additionally many of the thumbnails in the Galleria are just shown as links.

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

29 minutes ago, Red ochre said:

That's a very kind offer - but I'm sure you also have better things to do;-)

Yup. However I'm making what time I have available to help forum users out. I blame an overly developed altruism gland :mrgreen:

There must be a better solution surely?

Probably. The forum uses an astonishing amount of data. Considering how much massaging of data went on in the upgrade I'm frankly relieved more problems didn't arise. A few hundred images? Pffft.

Does this mean I cannot use thumbnails in future (without access to the html)?
- screenshots of plugin U.I.s won't be worth posting at 800 by 600 px as they won't be readable. Are we now limited to image-less links for larger images? :(
Users won't bother following the links, so not much point in creating/posting the images.

Additionally many of the thumbnails in the Galleria are just shown as links.

You can use thumbnails. Have a look at Pixey's Gallery. The thumbnails in the Jewelry section are a mixture of Photobucket and Imgur links. Try dragging and dropping a thumbnail into a post. That might work.

Dragging and dropping just shows the full sized image or any size thumbnail you like - but no clickable small thumbnail that links to a large image.

You can use thumbnails

How?

No rush, no worries - but a solution would be nice when/if one is found.;)

PdnForumSig2.jpg