New Forum Software

As you may have seen, we have upgraded the forum software to a newer version.

The servers are rebuilding the forum in the background while trying to keep everything running. The forum is quite large. There may be glitches (like sigs not showing up). More than likely there will be many new features, issues and problems while the new software beds in.

Please give us a few days to sort things out before posting complaints. Once the software is finished we will be happy to deal with problems that arise.

Thank you for your patience :)

• Upvote 6

Signatures should now be showing up. I found the switch to turn them on B)

Now I'm looking for a setting to turn avatars back to square :/

• Upvote 1

I've found the setting for the Avatars. It's play time!  B)

• Upvote 2

Congrats.

There is nothing good as new fresh version of what we knows.

Its always teach us to upgrade ourselves, and moving forward to the next destination.

BTW, in this opportunity i would like to ask if there is an option to make avatar as Gif's or APng's ?

1 hour ago, HyperMan said:

BTW, in this opportunity i would like to ask if there is an option to make avatar as Gif's or APng's ?

God ... I hope NOT! I was hoping that I left the 90s with their flashing and flickering on the screen behind me.

11 hours ago, IRON67 said:

I was hoping that I left the 90s with their flashing and flickering on the screen behind me.

You Know i was born in the early 80's, When all the gaming and the videos and media spread wildly.

Its where i was found my self experience this Art like a child. And the 90's was so Inspiring so it effect on me and the future, not just for me off course.

So, Its like you you will say: " Salvador Dali was Insane, and had a Psychosis: I hope we not going to see his students after century coming to Make this kind of..."

But, that's your opinion and i respect that.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, HyperMan said:

So, Its like you you will say: " Salvador Dali was Insane, and had a Psychosis...

Nope. You can't compare a great artist and his work with some animated avatars in a forum. Permanent animations of this kind are simply annoying.

Edit: For a while (some hours) I use a new, animated version of my avatar. As you can see, It's possible but annoying.

Edited by IRON67

11 hours ago, IRON67 said:

You can't compare a great artist and his work with some animated avatars in a forum.

You know the definition of Avatar is: Personal Image that give expression to Users in The Social Media and Games. and, The Embodiment of something Abstract or Imaginary.

In Hinduism the Avatar is the Realization of Divinity.:mrred:

So, you know now what My Avatar.:mrcyan:

10 minutes ago, HyperMan said:

You know the definition of Avatar is...

Do we have to talk seriously about definitions? Then I ask you whether you know the definition of "annoying". I thought that you respect my opinion? Enough said, I think.

Edited by IRON67

Yes i understand what you mean IRON.

The bottom line is that is very difficult to watch screen full of Animated images. your eyes is rolling crazy.  you think you're lost. you can't even focus in one thing.

My suggestion to Admins,  is maybe they could Host a competition for 1 best Animated Avatar every time they will choose. And the chosen will get the permission to add his Animated Avatar, and we all will get something that not annoying definitely.

We all be Happy.:)

Edited by HyperMan

57 minutes ago, Goonfella said:

Just popped in and surprise surprise! All change.

I`ll have to have a proper nose around before I decide either way . Only thing that bothers me so far is the lack of a proper separation line between the avatars on the left and the text .

Yes, it's as though the page is too big for the screen.  A vertical line would be nice on the right side between the Threads and the latest posts :ViewRulers:.

• Upvote 2

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

It seems every sentence is a new paragraph now?:/ (on existing pages)

I'm not looking forward to mending my gallery and plugin pages but I'm sure that's nothing compared to the extra work the admins will have to do.;)

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Difficult to navigate on Mobile Phone if you just want to check out what's going on. I liked also to see new posts on the home page without having to click tabs first.

Also seems a bit bright to read on PC / Laptop, or did i clean my monitor too much / :lol:

Edit - Pressing the Enter key, shifts down a one line space when posting, Shift + Enter is the only way to type directly under the line you just type. (if that makes sense)

Edited by DrewDale
Added another line
  • Upvote 1

BREtKQW.png

Bugs perhaps:

#1 Won't allow me to post using Microsoft Edge (Yes Windows is up to date) Had to resort to chrome to post this.
#2 Profiles can be viewed without logging in.
#3 As Drew says, pressing enter creates a one line space between sentences. 

Also have to agree, it seems very bright to read, not good for me or other members who have issues with light sensitivity. 5 minutes and I have a serious headache :( 

What purpose is the Downloads tab ? Also why is there a Gallery tab, when there is also a Gallery link on the home page ? 

• Upvote 2

ZXCBOoZ.png

I don't mean to be "duh", but I can't find a way to edit my sig...I'd like to fix it...there are too many empty line spaces....:/
Agree with DrewDale and nitenurse; the spacing may need to be fixed or you will have a lot of wasted real estate.

1 minute ago, lynxster4 said:

I don't mean to be "duh", but I can't find a way to edit my sig...I'd like to fix it...there are too many empty line spaces....:/

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/settings/signature/

• Upvote 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

11 minutes ago, lynxster4 said:

Agree with DrewDale and nitenurse; the spacing may need to be fixed or you will have a lot of wasted real estate.

In the upper right corner of every page, click on your name and choose "Account settings".  You should see your signature in there.

I edited it for you.  Hope you like it.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, lynxster4 said:

The only workaround for now is Shift+Enter.

Also noticed the lack of "top of page" arrow at the foot of the page.

ZXCBOoZ.png

9 minutes ago, BoltBait said:

In the upper right corner of every page, click on your name and choose "Account settings".  You should see your signature in there.

I edited it for you.  Hope you like it.

I looked real quick and thought it magically fixed itself.   :P     Thanks BB!!   Looks good. I must have overlooked it in my account settings.
It will take some time to adjust to the new forum...I'm sure all will work out.

Edited by lynxster4

1 hour ago, nitenurse79 said:

Bugs perhaps:

#1 Won't allow me to post using Microsoft Edge (Yes Windows is up to date) Had to resort to chrome to post this.
#2 Profiles can be viewed without logging in. 

Both confirmed here. 
I had to scrape the barrel and use IE11 to post this. ( I removed chrome after the Win10 Anniversary Update / Add block extension for Edge)  

I have also just had a look at the SOTW comp thread, there is now no way for me to add or edit a poll once the entry period had ended.

Edited by DrewDale

BREtKQW.png

I don't care for it at all. Everything seems so large and spread out. So little fits on one screen's worth. Currently, it's like reading a large-print book. I'd prefer fewer blank areas, particularly fewer blank-line separators. For example, topic lists shouldn't be separated by blank lines.The bolded, blue-colored heading links provide sufficient separation. While the line separations may marginally increase readability, the inconvenience of the extra scrolling isn't worth it.