Ruler

Hey Gals/Guys- I've searched around for the answer, but have yet to find it. I need to print an image exactly, for example, 3" by 5" on to tracing paper so I can then trace it on to leather. However; the ruler tool is off. For example, 1 true inch is 1.5 inches in paint...Any reason why the ruler is off? Or is there anyway to change it so I can accurately print the size I am looking for?

Thanks,

Hi Mike - welcome to the forum :D

The ruler is off because you're viewing the image at a different pixel density than you're printing at.

Open the Resize dialog (Ctrl+R) and note the Resolution. Print at the same resolution to make the image come out 1:1.

• Upvote 2

Hi Mike - welcome to the forum :D

The ruler is off because you're viewing the image at a different pixel density than you're printing at.

Open the Resize dialog (Ctrl+R) and note the Resolution. Print at the same resolution to make the image come out 1:1.

Thanks!! I think I just figured it out too. Noob to paint.net! Looks like a neat tool.