Win 10. Tried installing Get paint but says I need SP1 or something

Can you show us the exact error? Either post a screenshot or copy & paste the error text.

I just don't know how to upload the image now. Can't seem to upload it. This was an older image that I had from last yr.
I'm tech- challenged. I just upgraded to Win 10 and still have the same issue. Actually the error looks the same anyways.

It's windows 10. I just upgraded it.  I don't seem to be able to figure out how to upload images. The image that I posted was from long ago but I can't see how to upload new pics.  Just trust me it's Win 10.  It's new.  1 week.

I CMD and says win 10.

Find out what you're running here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13443/windows-which-operating-system

Each method is different. You might have to try each one listed by Select Product Version

Note: Duplicate threads have been MERGED.

I keep telling you the same thing. I have already checked and verified that I have Win 10.  I can't upload the screenshot here coz I don't know how to.  

Now please can we get past asking what version I have.  I have verified that I have Win 10.  I just don't know how to show you a screenshot.

So please help me out and tell me how I can resolve my issue so I can use GetPaint. Thanks.

I have verified that I have Win 10.

None of us have verified that you have Windows 10. You claim to have it, but you could be misinformed for all we know.

If you wish to attach a screenshot here on the post, follow these steps:

1) Click on "More Reply Options"

2) Click on "Browse"

3) Select your screenshot file

4) Click on "Attach This File"

5) Click on "Add Reply"

• Upvote 2

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

• 4 weeks later...

Probably using an old version of WinZip that needed a compatibility hack -- e.g., Windows is lying to WinZip about the OS version, and that lie gets inherited by all child processes, including the Paint.NET installer.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg