C-Ray's Gallery

CRayChosen1

I'm far from an expert so my work will look tame compared to everyone else's here, but I'd thought I would share some of my work here. 

evetorres_smokybw_forum_zpsdrpjjvyh.jpg

danabrookevintagefeel_zpsrfyvfz2a.jpg

• Upvote 7

Hi CRayChosen1! 

Welcome to the forum.   :cake:  :coffee:

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I will definitely be adding more on here as time goes on. 

I'm not that good with manips (yet), but I couldn't pass doing one up in regards to Eve Torres and Wonder Woman. It could be better, but it's not too shabby for my first try, though! :) 

evetorreswonderwoman_forum_zps7lidejjf.j

• Upvote 3

Hi @CRay and smileys-smiley-with-sign-580722.gif 

Wow!  That's some style you have going there - very much like comic books.  Well done :D .

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

If I may be so bold as to offer a suggestion, for the Eve Torres photo, you might experiment with two effects. The first is the built-in Effects>Blurs>Surface Blur, and the second is Michael Vinther's intriguing plugin, Effects>Photo>Laplacian pyramid filter. Both can be used to add a more digitally-painted look to photos, which I think would help blend the photo with the drawn image. The Laplacian pyramid filter is usually used to enhance details, but for a digital look, it's used to smooth the details. It often works well to follow up with the built-in Effects>Photo>Sharpen.

There's also a tutorial by WelshBlue on how to Get the Digitally Painted Look.

I will definitely keep that in mind and will try it out. Thanks for the tip!

This photo I wanted to make a "comic-book" like as possible:

jamiekeyescomicbook_forum_zpspoaeq5lb.jp

And this photo, I wanted to take a "darker" approach on it, when compared to the original:

myriamcapesedit_zpsjmyab6qg.jpg

• Upvote 2

Welcome @CRayChosen1!  Interesting photo manips.  Yes. you definitely have your own style...keep up the good work!

Looking forward to seeing more.    :)

Thank you everyone! The only regret about this program is that I didn't find out about this sooner! LOL. ;) 

trishstratusgalaxy_zps3yyb1mx0.jpg

trishstratusblackangel_forum_zpszqmnelon

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...

I'm back! I promise, no one had ran me away from here. I've just been busy with life and trying to get a job (easier said than done in my area). But enough about my struggles...here's some stuff I've recently done. 

I redid the Eve Torres-Gracie as Wonder Woman photo manip and took MJW's advice on using Surface Blur (and made a few more visual modifications) and loved this one far better than the original one I posted. 

evetorreswonderwomanupdated_zpsvjhbylmh.

And I took a PNG of The Wyatt Family, combined it with a destroyed town background, and made some cool modificaitons (Sharpen, Oil Painting, among others) and knocked this one out of the park, IMHO.

newwyattfamily_zpsic61c9m0.jpg

• Upvote 5