Question about what plugins do

Humility

I was trying to clean out my unused plugins and there are a bunch I can't figure out. What does Curtis black common and resources do as well as SBC common? Also with the edharvey effects the only one I use is glassblocks anyway I can get only glass blocks?

"Common" is used as a basic repository of code that the plugin authors in question use in all of their plugins, so that they can develop more quickly.  No plugins actually appear in the program for those files, but they are necessary for other of their plugins to function.

As for standalone effects, you'll need to check the Plugin Index.  Some plugin authors make their plugins available as standalone downloads, some don't.  I believe Ed is in the latter category, but I'm not sure.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.