How do I rotate selection box?... (or potential feature request)

hamwizard

Hello.

I'm trying to do one of those things with someones face, where you mirror one half on to the other half.

Her face is very slightly tilted to the side and I'd like to select a square of her face but then rotate it.

(I realise I can just rotate the image but this seems kind of awkward)

This picture will help explain what I mean.

http://i.imgur.com/who7G7W.jpg

Am I just not thinking clearly here and there's totally a solution?

If you just want to rotate the selection box (and not the pixels inside of the box), use the Move Selection Tool  :MoveSelectionTool: and grab one of the corners and rotate the selection.

If you want to rotate the pixels, use the Move Selected Pixels Tool  :MoveTool: and grab one of the corners and rotate the selection.

• Upvote 1

Or with the selection made, activate the Move Selection Tool :MoveSelectionTool: + right click & drag.

If you just want to rotate the selection box (and not the pixels inside of the box), use the Move Selection Tool  :MoveSelectionTool: and grab one of the corners and rotate the selection.

If you want to rotate the pixels, use the Move Selected Pixels Tool  :MoveTool: and grab one of the corners and rotate the selection.

Hah there you go - that's very cool.   I feel like the rotation options for the selection tool, should be available off the primary tool, rather than having to switch tool but I don't need this too often and so it's totally servicable.

Thanks

I am not sure I understood but if you want to "mirror" one half on the other half you may use the Mirror effect :

penelope1-4f4aabb.png

That's what I was doing but they had a tilted head which I needed to work with

Tilted like /   \   kinda thing, I needed the centre of the face to be at least perfectly vertical, until I knew I could solve my problem.

One possible method is to use Layer>Rotate/Zoom to untilt the original image, making the subsequent section and mirroring simpler. Then retilt the image when finished.The double tilting would probably result in some blurring. If you first increase the canvas size, you'll avoid clipping the picture edges.