How to Install Plugins ×

Make Colour Transparent

Simon Brown

Isn't this similar to this, but only simpler?

Fair point, I had previously thought of C-A as a plugin that uses a channel as the alpha channel. I had also assumed the asker would search before answering. I guess need a "plugin spammer award" in the Paint.NET Forum Awards 2009. :oops:

KaHuc.png

... I guess need a "plugin spammer award" in the Paint.NET Forum Awards 2009. :oops:

I don't think so! You make some of the best and most awesome plugins here (*hints at Custom Brushes :P*), so don't think that you make "spam" plugins, because you don't. :D

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

Don't worry Sabrown, I am sure Tanel, rwp80, nor I are going to get onto you for writing your own version of our plugins ;)

I am worried the user community will be furious at the substandard plugin I have created, especially given that I still have not updated some of my older plugins.

KaHuc.png

...especially given that I still have not updated some of my older plugins.

Well, you might get a Guiness record considering the army of beta plugins.

Thanks for the plugin - it has a nice and simplu UI, and I've been looking for something like this for a while (Chroma Keying).

Sorry to the other authors for not recognizing that your plugins accomplished this as well :P

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

Simon you should stick with one plugin until it's perfect and not posting every day a semi finished or even already existing plugin...

As long as I work create plugins for free I will work to my own schedule.

KaHuc.png

If you can't stand honest critcism I feel sorry for you. You wouldn't waste your time and maybe one day your plugins would be as good as Pyrochilds, for example. At least you should name the .dll the same each time you make an update, so that you won't have 4 times the same effect plugin in your folder - until you erase them manually. Those basic faults are annoying and unnecessary. There isn't any other plugin author who works as fast and as defective as you.

If you can't stand honest critcism I feel sorry for you. You wouldn't waste your time and maybe one day your plugins would be as good as Pyrochilds, for example. At least you should name the .dll the same each time you make an update, so that you won't have 4 times the same effect plugin in your folder - until you erase them manually. Those basic faults are annoying and unnecessary. There isn't any other plugin author who works as fast and as defective as you.

I have no problem with people criticising specific details of my plugins, me, the plugins themselves. I however, do not take kindly to people criticise how I use my time.

Edit:

At least you should name the .dll the same each time you make an update

If you could provide an example of this I would be grateful as I can only remember doing this when renaming a plugin.

KaHuc.png

You should fix the undo option at your custombrushes...just another example.

Could you provide me with details of this bug?

KaHuc.png

You can only undo one step??...How about one houndred as in PdN?

I will put this on my to-do list, but this is no guarentee of a time it will happen.

KaHuc.png

Thanks, Simon, for a simple plugin.

Like it's simplicity. Before running your plugin, I can use use the color picker to determine the exact color I want to remove, and then run the plugin with the exact RGB values for that color.

Don't think you need to waste time programming an undo for 100 when we can just close the picture without saving it.

Keep up your creative work. Thanks!

Thanks, Simon, for a simple plugin.

Like it's simplicity. Before running your plugin, I can use use the color picker to determine the exact color I want to remove, and then run the plugin with the exact RGB values for that color.

Don't think you need to waste time programming an undo for 100 when we can just close the picture without saving it.

Keep up your creative work. Thanks!

Thank god that Rick and Tom didn't think that way...we had to close PdN everytime we made more than one false decision.

Think it's smarter to close the picture and open it than to undo it 100 times!

Glad I'm not so smart and know how to do things faster.

• 2 weeks later...

sry Max Power. but i dont understand why you are mocking so much. first of all. the plugins is made in Simon's free time alone, he didn't get paid for it/ got time in his work hour to made it, only in his free time. and if you are soo sry that you can't undo your faults 100 times. then just stop using the plugin... no one told you to use it. and if simon wants to make 1k betas, then let him. it is none of your conserne :evil:

and yea. know my english sucks and if you wanna flame, go ahead. only gonna make me think less of you...

btw. Simon. it looks nice and gonna test it when i get home, :D

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, i have no clue why i'm getting myself into this, but i think we all have to stop arguing about this topic that Max Power brought up and talk about the plugin. I think Simon Brown's plugins are awesome, i have no idea how to make my own plugin, but i know it is hard and Max Power, i don't know why you are complaining so much. do you have any plugins to compete with Simon Brown's? I was just wondering because when i go to the Board index and look for new plugins, i see Simon Brown's name on about half the plugins up there. So let's all just not argue about this topic anymore, PLEASE ... :shock:

deviantART | Paint.NET Gallery | bennettfrazier.com <-- (My new Website!)

• 2 months later...

Have this been reported before?

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\MakeTransparent.dll
     Effect Name: MakeTransparent.EffectPlugin
     Full error message: System.InvalidOperationException: Alpha value must be 255 for this to work
  at PaintDotNet.ColorBgra.ToOpaqueInt32(ColorBgra color)
  at MakeTransparent.EffectPlugin.OnCreatePropertyCollection()
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.PropertyBasedEffect.CreateConfigDialog()
  at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffect(Type effectType)

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]