Text and Background Color

kthr33

I have text inside a border and would like to change the color of the text to one color and the background inside the border to a different color. If I understand what I read in Help for text color, text color must be set at time of typing only. So far I have not been able to find anything that addresses background color let alone anything about whether or not it can be changed. Considering my level of compuliteracy, or rather the lack thereof, I may simply be overlooking or possibly not understanding what I am reading. If it is possible in Paint.NET to adjust the color of text and background, would someone be able to direct me to instructions for these procedures that may be more down to my level of compuliteracy?

I'm not an expert, but here's how I would do it...(this works best if you have the box and the text on two different layers) Just set the primary color to the color you want for the background, select the paint bucket tool, and click somewhere inside the border. It should fill in with that color. As for the text, I would delete it and re-write it in the color you want. If the text remains selected, you can change its color by clicking another primary color. But after text is deselected, there's really no way to go back and edit it--at least that I know of.

Hope that helps! :)

crosssig.jpg

Thanks ordinary12 and Curmudgeon, appreciate your taking time to consider and respond to my post. Even with your help it seems as if recoloring in Paint.NET is a bit beyond my skill level. In MS Paint it is so simple even I can do it. For me, Paint.NET is not going to be my all inclusive tool. Thanks, K.