How To Restore Damaged, Old Picture

Nai

Level : Intermediate to Advance User

Plugin :

2. MV Wireworm ( A Photoshop Plugin )

Intro :

There're several ways to restore damaged old picture using Paint.NET. In this tutorial I'll use a combination of MV Wireworm plugin ( just something like healing brush ) and clone stamp to get what do you seen in the after picture.

071d443.png

About MV Wireworm and the great examples : http://vicanek.de/plugins/wireworm.htm

How To Do It :

1. Open a picture ( Thanks Pixie for providing me this sample picture  ! ) in Paint.NET. For this tutorial I cropped some of the area to make my work with clone stamp a lot easier.

2e9bdd3.png

2. Run 8bf filter, then choose MV Wireworm. A small window like this will popped out.

80dd5a5.png

Choose your selection area by clicking the area and bring your cursor as far as you can/want.  

3. Click on the selected area and move your cursor until the selected area 'moving'. Move it until you find an area that matched/suitable. Do the things until you're done with all cracks or dots.

Some good guides about this plugins :

4. After healing all cracks and dots, use clone stamp to recover the disappearing area.

b1572f9.png

Do it until you get the finish product like this :

0b3ed1b.jpg

You can do it better than me. 

All The Best !

( p/s : Pixey, I hope you'll love this post-restoration picture...  :D  <3  <3  <3  )

• Upvote 2

ba2ec8c.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...