Windows 7 SP1 or newer Required" error what can i do

Kenneth

Wherever i am trying to in install paint net i get error on such Windows 7 SP1 or newer Required" error what can i do. can any one help and tell what to do about this please 

<Moved to paint.net Discussion & Questions>

Hi Ken - Welcome to the forum :D

Ok.  Let's take this step-by-step and find out if SP1 is correctly installed

Start Menu > Computer (right hand sidebar) + Right click > Properties (alternatively Control Panel > System and Security > System)

Under the heading "Windows Edition" does it say SP1 is installed?

yhsjjie-668.png

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same problem, though SP1 is listed in 'upgrades' (?) but not listed as shown in the pic above. (toshiba 505 w/W-7)

I now have 3.5(?) installed, it works just fine. How much benefit is there to the newest version(s)?

-c-

'Where's my plinth?'

Tons of new features, and more coming soon.

Plus, we can't provide any support on the forum for older versions of the program.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

• 4 months later...

From what I know, Paint.net 4.0 requires Windows 7 SP1 or newer, but not the older versions. I would recommend downloading an older version like 3.5.6 like I did until I can figure out the issue. I am indeed running on Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (Or at least that's what it said on the box when I bought it) and came across this issue myself when I was trying to make a Minecraft resource pack. You may have to get it from an alternate site though, because for me I couldn't get 3.5.6 from getpaint.net, so yeah.

Also, if I just broke a forum rule by mentioning alternate sites, I apologize and plz have mercy on me admins.