How to Install Plugins ×

Smudge

pyrochild

• 1 month later...
I love this plugin, it's fantastic for photomanips, but could you please add an undo option for the next update?

Undo has already been requested. It's already been integrated into the next build, as have zoom, proper display (checkerboard) of transparent images*, and correct handling of transparency when smudging. Currently I'm trying to find and exterminate a strange 64-bit-only-bug, which is not made easier by the fact that I have no 64-bit machines to test on. Also, I am integrating some optimization tips from Ed Harvey to improve the performance on single-core processors, especially the Pentium 4.

*this change should automatically carry over to Splatter as well, but I obviously should test to make sure before I go announcing that....

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Nah, "Yay" will be when I upgrade my processor to a 64-bit one. Unfortunately, to get a new processor I have to get a new mobo, and if I get a new mobo I'll need new RAM and a new graphics card. All of my current ones are using outdated standards. (478 socket, DDR DIMMs, AGP, instead of LGA775, DDR3, and PCI-e). Expensive.

xZYt6wl.png

Hey pyro, I dunno if these have been suggested before, but:

1. Could implement a zoom function?

2. An "undo" function?

3. Dynamic Brush Width - as in -while you're smudging - when you wheel scroll down or up - it gradually increases or decreases.

Thanks! This is among my favorite plugins.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

Undo has already been requested. It's already been integrated into the next build, as have zoom, proper display (checkerboard) of transparent images*, and correct handling of transparency when smudging. Currently I'm trying to find and exterminate a strange 64-bit-only-bug, which is not made easier by the fact that I have no 64-bit machines to test on. Also, I am integrating some optimization tips from Ed Harvey to improve the performance on single-core processors, especially the Pentium 4.

*this change should automatically carry over to Splatter as well, but I obviously should test to make sure before I go announcing that....

Uhhhhh.. Nab, your first 2 suggestions have already been done.. I'd like the 3rd one though! That would be very useful, but you'll have to stick with [ & ] for now. :P

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

3. Dynamic Brush Width - as in -while you're smudging - when you wheel scroll down or up - it gradually increases or decreases.

hmmm.... that will be challenging.... :D

xZYt6wl.png

Certainly useful, yes, but I disabled the [ and ] shortcuts from working while a smudge was in progress for a reason. I will have to rewrite the engine behind Smudge almost from scratch to make this work. But that's ok, since it needs a rewrite anyway. But it won't be in the next version.

xZYt6wl.png

Certainly useful, yes, but I disabled the [ and ] shortcuts from working while a smudge was in progress for a reason. I will have to rewrite the engine behind Smudge almost from scratch to make this work. But that's ok, since it needs a rewrite anyway. But it won't be in the next version.

Totally fine, I think I can afford a wait. Thanks.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

Are you talking about the brushes you install to use in the program, or the brush size setting?

If the former, then you can actually use any size brush. The ones it comes with are actually all about 500x500.

If you're talking about the brush size setting in the plugin, then that actually goes up to 100. The list only goes to 50 for performance reasons, but you can type in a value or use the [ and ] shortcuts to increase it all the way to 100. I will probably increase that cap in the next version, since I've optimized the performance.

xZYt6wl.png

LOL. I love this effect. But 1 thing, I need you to make a plugin of this effect for v3.22 because if I upgrade then I have to download all plugins again and I have heaps. So im sticking with v3.22 so I need a smudge plugin for that.

THX in advance.

DarkLinkk.png

I need you to make a plugin of this effect for v3.22
Um lemme think about that no.
because if I upgrade then I have to download all plugins again
No you don't.

xZYt6wl.png

Yes I do. Because then the plugins are out of date.

Most, if not all, of your existing plugins will continue to work just fine in 3.35.

You are asking me to make a plugin specifically for a version of Paint.NET that you can't even get anymore.* How's the view from your imaginary throne? Would you care for a foot massage? :roll:

(*actually you can, if you know where to look)

xZYt6wl.png

Why does everyone think plugin's are outdated by every new Paint.NET release?

There has been one time in the 3.xx series that a few plugin's weren't working because of updates, once.

Either update, or don't even expect the slighest help apart from the lines "Update to the newest version".

Either update, or don't even expect the slighest help apart from the lines "Update to the newest version".

Blunt, but sooo true.

Omg I love you, you're my hero!
Yay!

xZYt6wl.png