How to Install Plugins ×

Smudge

pyrochild

I don't know what those do. I'll have to get my hands on a copy of Photoshop so I can play with it. But yeah, bringing this Smudge tool on par with others like GIMP and Photoshop is definitely a goal I'm willing to work for.

Just a preview if you haven't seen it yet Pyro.

2wd3gp4.png

103x1lh.png

.:Latest:.

14b6u5j.png

I really can't wait for it to work with alpha. Although it's still pretty amazing as it is.

The strange thing is that sometimes, something happens when using this plug-in on a border to a transparent area. I just can’t figure out the way that works.

I have been doing some experimenting on 100 / 50 % transparent lines, and are trying to figure out some workarounds. But I would be very happy if this plug-in would some day handle transparency.

Anyway, thanks for this plug-in. It is just me that have to learn how to use it.

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

I really can't wait for it to work with alpha. Although it's still pretty amazing as it is.

The strange thing is that sometimes, something happens when using this plug-in on a border to a transparent area. I just can’t figure out the way that works.

I have been doing some experimenting on 100 / 50 % transparent lines, and are trying to figure out some workarounds. But I would be very happy if this plug-in would some day handle transparency.

Anyway, thanks for this plug-in. It is just me that have to learn how to use it.

Add a black or white background to whatever you're using (the more contrast the better), smudge, then use alpha mask without loading anything. Check invert mask. Although that leaves a white outline, but that's as good as it gets for now.

Add a black or white background to whatever you're using (the more contrast the better), smudge, then use alpha mask without loading anything. Check invert mask. Although that leaves a white outline, but that's as good as it gets for now.

Thanks. Didn’t think about using alpha mask that way.

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

To get rid of that gray outline you could also use drop shadow with settings;

0, 0, 0, 0, Colour=[insert desired colour], (unticked box) keep original image (ie don't keep original image).

To get rid of that gray outline you could also use drop shadow with settings;

0, 0, 0, 0, Colour=[insert desired colour], (unticked box) keep original image (ie don't keep original image).

That might turn your smudging to that color though.

It will. What I was saying was that if you wanted your border to be a single colour without the "white outline" (or trying to get the exact colour with curves), that you could use Drop Shadow to make the border an exact colour, after you've used that alpha masking technique that you said before.

But really it doesn't matter. I don't know anything about coding but I still think Pyrochild is awesome at it. He'll probably be able to fix it.

It will. What I was saying was that if you wanted your border to be a single colour without the "white outline" (or trying to get the exact colour with curves), that you could use Drop Shadow to make the border an exact colour, after you've used that alpha masking technique that you said before.

But really it doesn't matter. I don't know anything about coding but I still think Pyrochild is awesome at it. He'll probably be able to fix it.

Well PC might be busy doing something else, and it's always good to have a work-around.

for people who want undos

just say ok whenever you do something you like then the use smudge again continue your work and if you make a mistake say cancel and try again it helped me out a lot so i hope it help you guys as will

Pyrochild THANK YOU VERY MUCH

i just love using the smudge tool

oh yeah any chance you can make a blur tool like the one in Photoshop that allows you to just blur only the parts you click on

I think that would go great with this one

newsig1.png

There's a sticky'd tutorial that allows you to do that and to fake the burn and dodge tools.

But a tool would be so much easier. :)