How to Install Plugins ×

Fire Effect (finally)

Tom Jackson

I have a problem. I downloaded this plug-in a while back and it worked just fine. Then my computer crashed and I had to reinstall everything. I've just downloaded this and placed it in the effects folder as it should be. It's not showing up! Can you give me a hand with this?

• 3 weeks later...

You might be able to get around that by using one of the Alphamask Plugins to convert the black into transparent pixels.

That, or Curves + would work as well (though a bit more complicated to explain)

You can make a search on http://searchpaint.net for any of the plugins I have mentioned.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just what I need to finish my random thing!

And I made a Neon Sign with my name but the os are boltbait.smile.png s!

Edited by Netbook

myn.png

My Gallery

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Awesome plug-in.

That said, could you (or someone else) elaborate on the ways to use it? I'm still new to paint.net, and I've been unsuccessful in creating similar effects such as cjmcguinness's flaming skull or buffalopride's images.

I'd really appreciate it, as I find this plug-in somewhat difficult to utilize.

Create a black image on a white background.  Blur the image.  Run the effect.  Play with the three sliders for different effects.

Create a black image on a white background.  Blur the image.  Run the effect.  Play with the three sliders for different effects.

Yeah, my bad.

I should have said I understood that, but not how to use it like I mentioned in the other pictures posted by cjmcguinness and buffalopride.

Though suddenly, an idea has occurred to me thanks your explanation, so I'll try it out. In any case, thanks for answering.

• 9 months later...