LAOTW Discussion Thread

Mike Ryan

I was just about to point that out -- :P

I find it ironic that the new theme is nature and he used a radioactive symbol for the thread description :lol:

Looks like a good theme - I'm going to try it out.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

It seems the entry thread has caused some confusion. Within the actual post, it states that this week's theme is Fire and Ice, while the header and title say Nature and Technology.

Apparently, heythere thought the theme was fire and ice, thus his entry does not actually follow this week's theme.

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

Especially as it is said:

This week's theme: Fire and Ice

Well, because I was told so I had to choose the theme. But no matter, the theme this week is Fire and Ice!

I think the entire post of last week was just copied, and the title, date and header changed. Is that about right, Mike Ryan?

I was (am?) working on one, but I haven't had much time lately, with the starting of school and such ... :?

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, I was talking to Mike on AIM, and he asked me if I wanted to host the LAOTW. :o

He also stated that Max Power won the last competition (#4).

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

If aeonix really wants to host the LAOTW that much, then I'll turn it over to him. It's not that big of a deal to me. :)

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

I am thinking of not allowing the winner of LAOTW to enter the next week's competition

1. They have the theme, so they have more time to come up with something.

2. If you haven't noticed, Max Power has won the last two LAOTWs, and he looks like he's going to win this one two. I am not trying to have someone dominate LAOTW, just because they can start earlier because they picked a theme.

Yay? Or Nay? And why?

I am thinking of not allowing the winner of LAOTW to enter the next week's competition

1. They have the theme, so they have more time to come up with something.

I agree with this.

2. If you haven't noticed, Max Power has won the last two LAOTWs, and he looks like he's going to win this one two. I am not trying to have someone dominate LAOTW, just because they can start earlier because they picked a theme.

I don't think that Max Power only won because he had some sort of a headstart. He's been winning because he hasn't had a lot of tough competitors to compete against, and he's always produced an excellent entry.

What needs to be done, is more people entering LAOTW competitions. :wink:

☆★☆★Merry Christmas★☆★☆

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

I'm going to step in as a mod and say: Yes, the previous winner can get in on the next contest. We're not going to punish excellence on the Paint.NET forum. Allowing Max to compete again will improve the qualities of all submissions, because everyone will be working harder to try and beat him. Besides, as a contest, this should showcase the best of Paint.NET artists.

I think it should just be a wake-up call to everyone else to put forth some more effort. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.