Pencil sketch

PDN have a Pencil sketch effect. Looks like that last image, IMO

http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/en/E ... cMenu.html

I stated above, that it doesnt really look like a drawing, atleast not at the picture I want to use it at.

@ LFC4EVER

thx, this really helped me a lot.

Show me the picture you want to use it on. If it is not an image that you can post publicly, PM it to me.

:shock: How did you do that?!

Easy. Took, like, 5 minues.

First, clone stamp out your "Before" text. :roll:

Next, run Adjustments > Black and White and make 3 copies of the image.

On the top layer, Effects > Noise > Add noise, Effects > Blurs > Motion blur, Effects > Photo > Sharpen(20) four times. F4 > Overlay.

On the middle layer, Effects > Artistic > Ink Sketch (color to 0). F4 > Multiply.

On the bottom layer, Adjustments > Brightness & Contrast (adjust contrast way down).

kitchen2Explained.png

Layer 1 gives your nice pencil shading lines. Layer 2 gives your sharp edges. Layer 3 gives your image mood.

Finally, flatten the image and Adjustments > Brightness & Contrast to taste.

Easy?

EDIT: Had I spent more time on this, I would have done the ceiling and floor a different direction (motion blur) from the cabinets and walls.

• 14 years later...
On 6/16/2008 at 10:48 PM, BoltBait said:

Easy. Took, like, 5 minues.

First, clone stamp out your "Before" text. :roll:

Next, run Adjustments > Black and White and make 3 copies of the image.

On the top layer, Effects > Noise > Add noise, Effects > Blurs > Motion blur, Effects > Photo > Sharpen(20) four times. F4 > Overlay.

On the middle layer, Effects > Artistic > Ink Sketch (color to 0). F4 > Multiply.

On the bottom layer, Adjustments > Brightness & Contrast (adjust contrast way down).

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g228/BoltBait/kitchen2Explained.png

Layer 1 gives your nice pencil shading lines. Layer 2 gives your sharp edges. Layer 3 gives your image mood.

Finally, flatten the image and Adjustments > Brightness & Contrast to taste.

Easy?

EDIT: Had I spent more time on this, I would have done the ceiling and floor a different direction (motion blur) from the cabinets and walls.

Hi @BoltBait,

Looking for a sketchnote border, I found this old post. Could you share any tips to add a border in a sketch style (like I can do with draw.io) using Paint.NET ?

Thanks a lot !

Edited by patxixi