How to Install Plugins ×

Editable Text v1.0 STABLE

Simon Brown

You can't. The text must be unadorned and on it's own layer.

Simon Brown (plugin author) specifically states in the first post in this thread:

"Do not make any changes to that layer apart from layer properties and editing the text with this plugin."

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Thanks very much for this plug-in. I think it will be of great value. I see the font name in the pull-down menu but no illustration of the font itself? Unless you know what every font looks like, makes it hard to choose which one. What am I missing?

• 1 year later...

Really thank you for such great tool!

But there's an issue, What I'm working with now requires really high precision on where the text is placed inside the image.

It possible to have a fine tuning way of position? Maybe 2 text squares (additional to the current tools) to specify the coordinates of the position of the text? It can be the leftmost, center, whatever that you use to store the position text.

Thank you again for this.

• 2 months later...

copied SBCommon.dll it works now

is there a plugin that draws text with 3d-looking letters using selected font (not just shadow)?

Edited by gendalf

Yes there is.  Check this out Text Pro.  it's like Word Art for paint.net.  Note that is is a free demo.  You need to subscribe/register for the full version.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

By the way and back to the thread's topic, very nice plugin Simon! I've used it a few times with satisfactory results! hi.gif

• 1 year later...

This is a very nice plugin Simon!

But the positioning tool is horrible. Is there a way to add two entrys with coordinations to set the exact position?

And maybe a button to switch the align from left to center and right?

Greetings

kean

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Very nice plugin, a life saver

Hey is there a better way to position the text, when doing multiple text  its very hard to line them up, would be good if can move the layer

Edited by Isaac
updated

One more thing font size greater the 200... I working on very large image using font of 300 so have to use the built in Text instead of the editable plugin

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I just installed this plugin and really like it but I am having trouble re-editing. If I go in to the plugin again to re-edit, my current text disappears and I am unable to re-edit.

Is this normal?

Am I doing something wrong?

Yes, Text is on its own layer.

No, there is nothing else on this text layer.

Yes, I have installed everything from the effect folder in the zip file.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

-Jason

• 3 months later...

Is it possible that this plug-in could add a feature where the position of the text is much more exact? Also an option to disable anti-aliasing? That would improve the program quite a bit.

Edit: I have the editable text program and I really do enjoy it, just hoped that it could be a little better.

Edited by zledsrrato
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Hi zledsrrato,

your post unfortuntely is the latest entry regarding the feature which the developer referred to as "Ability to re-edit text, or "text layers", or some variation thereof" in the respective post "Popular Feature Requests" (which has been updated in 2018-02).

I still have high hopes regarding the implementation for 4.5 or "post 4.5", so I suppose this will be a little better then ?.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi! 

Editable Text is my favorite plugin! 

But is it possible to add the possibility of positioning the text with coordinates?

That would make it much more precise.

It would be great!

• 3 months later...

Loving the many updates in 5.0 !!  

One plugin that is now failing, and one that I use a lot is:   EDITABLE TEXT -- 

I downloaded the latest version ( looks like it was from 2014!)  so it may need to be refreshed.. but wondeting if you know

Using Paint.ne v5.0  on a Windows 11  PC

The error report show  

C:\Program Files\paint.net\Effects\EditableText.dll, version 1.0.1.0

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'SBCommon, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'SBCommon, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

Thanks in advanced for any help / pointers!

Cheers!

3 minutes ago, ebiz98 said:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'SBCommon

Looks like you simply forgot to also place SBCommon.dll into your Effects folder.

• Like 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab